Fl State + 6 1/2

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Thought the line would be more like Duke - 3 1/2 not 3 points higher. One thing I can say about Duke, they do play up to their ability almost every game...I've seen them play about 6-8 times this year and don't recall where they were ever flat..Duke beats you with finesse, three point shooting, great D and not making killer mistakes...where I've seen them have trouble is when they are outmanned inside like they were against North Carolina twice this year...well Fl State is really the equal of NC inside IMO..so for Duke to beat Fl. State they have to out finesse them and hit three pointers, etc...I think that there's a greater chance the Fl State will dominate inside then there is Duke from the outside...I can see a lot of put backs by Fl State today...Douglass from Fla State was great yesterday, he looked like an NBAer...with Hennderson on him, I doubt he'll have anywhere near the same day..and that's one thing that scares me...can Duke shut down Douglass and control the boards enough to win...yeah, maybe..but getting back to seeing Duke vs NC..I'll take a big, play above the rim inside game against finesse every day of the week... A Fl State outright win is very possible...6 1/2 points is too many..in a slugfest of a game, Fl State 71, Duke 69..but I'll take the points just in case.

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Purdue-OSU over 124 1/2

Purdue-OSU over 124 1/2

Going light on this one as the big ten is the under leagure if there ever was...Purdue put up 70 twice this year against OSU and don't see why today would be any different..if anything OSU has picked up their O a bit, at least yesterday..sometimes the hot hand carries over and will gamble Purdue gets it's 70 and OSU gets at least 55...more like a 71-63 type game I think...a good offesnive game to end the tourney...of course, the big ten can always give you a 40-38 game..but not today, I don'think...going light on this one for entertainment money

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
henderson will guard singleton or reid. williams and nolan smith will guard douglas but duke switches at the top so douglas will have a lot of advantages in some matchups. henderson is due for a breakout game for duke. have to like the points with fsu.

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Adding MSU +5

Adding MSU +5

Haven't seen MSU play other than highlights so I have to admit some guesswork here...have seen Tenn and they strike me as "front runners"..meaning when they smell blood, they put you away..like against SC where they just fed off a weaker club like a shark in water..but I've also seen Tenn shy away from a tough club who will punch back..not calling Tenn a bully, but they do flout their egos including the coach when they are winning big...if the last two days tell you anything, it's MSU isn't a pansy putting LSU away, a very physically talented club and they bitch slapped SC just like Tenn...so my guess is this one is real close and/or MSU just pounds them into submission...a must win for MSU and Tenn is already in...I like the "do-or-die" team, kind of like USC yesterday...MSU wins this straight up...the Vols will have to strut their wares in the NCAAs...and think this game is lower scoring than the line..but will post just the side..MSU 68 Tenn 64

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
ML par, MSU + FSU 8:1 odds, over 64 points FSU game

ML par, MSU + FSU 8:1 odds, over 64 points FSU game

Wll make a ML parlay MSU and FSU pays 8 to 1..and both straight ML +220 and +260...think one or both of these hit...also like over 64 points for FSU -120...Douglass will hit some 3s..lots of 2nd chance putbacks, plus Duke will be fouling like hell underneath I think to stop the big guys..also think Duke being behind at the end will result in intentional fouls..64 seems low

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Over SFA and Tex San +124

Over SFA and Tex San +124

OK, this is pure entertainment money with a short card today...the last time out they totaled 128..Hawkeye doesn't pick overs very often and he's got the over in this one..my guess is this one they play all out to win and one of these teams gets into the 70s...just a guess..but sometimes when there's a champtionship game, lots of fouls..which = points...pure fun money though..bigger bets on FL State,MSU with lesser on the over Pur/OSU and this one...