fletcher, raymond or other bb cappers

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
is it possible to begin the season with 1,000 dollars and survive, or even make money?

just wondering what your thoughts were about bankroll minimums.

thanks.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
It is possible to start with any bankroll, just play by percentages. Try to keep yourself to about 10% or 15% of your bankroll as an absolute maximum per day. So if you like a lot of action, 8 to 10 bets or more, start with maybe a $15 to $25 range on your plays. If you play fewer games (I play about 2 per day, personally), maybe look at a $30 to $50 range on your plays.

I personally don't do well setting an exact percentage of my bankroll per play, so maybe set milestones. Start at $20 per play, then when your bankroll hits $1200 or some other number, then go up to $25 per play. Then at $1500 go to $30 per play, etc. If you start the season cold, don't be afraid to lower your play amounts, either.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RAYMOND

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 31, 2000
usa
yes, with good money mangement and pick and choose your
plays with good judgement, you will make money

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
thanks for response, gang

thanks for response, gang

and Raymond, i've got the discipline to follow money management ; it's the "pick and choose your plays with good judgement" that i need to improve on. :shrug:

:)

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
I'M PROOF:

I'M PROOF:

I'm living proof of starting out with a "SMALL" bankroll...

going back to my notes last year....that was my first year of capping baseball and i kept track of pretty much EVERYTHING.

I started out with $1000 dollars (10 units)

and ended up with a record of 140 - 120 ( +35.89 units) or $3589.00 dollars which was ALL eaten up by hockey.:mad:

a few tips:

1) wait about a week or so before starting your wagering...weird things tend to happen in the first few weeks of baseball or ANY sport.

2) you do NOT need to bet everyday...pick your spots..i did this in the second half....that's how i ended up in the plus side...

3) do not wager what you can't afford to lose....be very vigilant in what you wager, there is NO SUCH THING AS A SURE BET OR LOCK!!!

good luck this season guys...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stewy

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
I started out with 50$ last season

I started out with 50$ last season

I wasn't really practicing money management but I ended the season with 5,000. My biggest money maker was following teams through winning streaks. Early it was Seattle, St. Louis and Chicago both had nice winning streaks. Late in the season I bet on Oakland alot.