Football pool strategy question..

NOVAKHT

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2000
Ok bear with me a minute while I explain my situation.

I am in a football pool of sorts with about 20 guys-- each guy starts with a negative 250$ balance.

We start the first week of the pro season and each person picks one college game and one pro game each week against the spread based on FRI USA TODAY.

A win is worth 1 point and 25$, a loss is worth 0 points and -25$,a push is worth 1/2 point and no money.

I have done thsi with the same group og guys for 12 years--I have won twice but not recently.Currently I am in the lead with 14 points and am at even money in the pool.(I have won 14 out of 18 games so far)

Based on past years it takes bewteen 20-22 points to win... bottom line is if I go 50% the rest of the year I will most likely win and make 2500$ for my effort.

Anything I should consider strategy wise? Or just keep doing what I am doing,capping the games and let the chips fall?

Any advise is appreciated!

NOVAKHT

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2000
"If your 14 out 18 then you don't need anyones advice just keep doing whatever you have been doing."

Thats what I am afraid of!! I know it cant keep up--- starts getting a lot tougher after thanksgiving as we have to pick 2 pro games then.

thx

Bet on MyBookie