for any insomniacs on the board

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
was having a little trouble getting a decent night`s sleep...little stress,craziness with work....overtired...the usual issues...

a bud mentioned that i should try melatonin...3 mgs...so i dropped by the local vitamin shoppe and grabbed a bottle of 60 capsules...roughly 6 bucks and change...it`s supposedly "natural"(whatever that really means)...checked the net and saw no major side effects or issues...it`s supposedly much safer than taking some heavy,potentially habit forming narcotic...chamomille teas didn`t do much for me...

took one last night...not sure whether i was just so tired that i collapsed...or whether this shit is strong as hell...but i went out like somebody poleaxed me.....didn`t get up to pee(or if i did,i don`t remember it)...nothing..

if i have the problem again,i`m gonna go with half to 3/4 strength(they come in capsules or tablet form..but the tabs have sorbitol in them,and that`s not good)........

anybody ever try this stuff....whoa !

Last edited:

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
It sucks when you can't sleep. I had an issue with a problem employee a couple years ago and I couldn't sleep. My mind raced all night, I was exhausted, it felt like torture.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
It sucks when you can't sleep. I had an issue with a problem employee a couple years ago and I couldn't sleep. My mind raced all night, I was exhausted, it felt like torture.

i hear ya..it does feel like torture...sleep deprivation is scary stuff....

well,i feel better than i have in about 3 weeks...woke up just a tad groggy,but it passed....as i said,if i need it again,i`ll dump a little out of the capsule and go with a lower dose...3 mgs is supposed to be a safe dose,but depending on one`s size and weight(i run around 210),i`m sure it`s different for different people....

just figured i`d give a heads up...insomnia appears to be fairly prevalent....and this was a cheap,apparently relatively safe possibility to gain a little relief...

might not work for everybody...curious to try it again to see if i collapsed from exhaustion or this stuff actually worked like a charm...

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Weasie, I don't have time to go back through my stuff but I will later today. Anyway, it's mostly safe but if I recall there are some bad things about it. I took it for a while but stopped. I slept well but like you woke up a little groggy. I don't remember how much I took but 3mg sure seems high. It's been 2-3 years so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

DeFactoCrippler

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2010
took one last night...not sure whether i was just so tired that i collapsed...or whether this shit is strong as hell...but i went out like somebody poleaxed me.....didn`t get up to pee(or if i did,i don`t remember it)...nothing..

if i have the problem again,i`m gonna go with half to 3/4 strength(they come in capsules or tablet form..but the tabs have sorbitol in them,and that`s not good)........

anybody ever try this stuff....whoa !

The first time I tried it, I bought the tablets and it said take 1-3. i felt I needed some heavy duty shit, plus the fact they were "natural" make me think they were weak.

It put me out as soon as I hit the bed, but I had the worst nightmares, really vivid. I still get nightmares even if I take just one. I only use it when I really need to get the sleep.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Weasie, I don't have time to go back through my stuff but I will later today. Anyway, it's mostly safe but if I recall there are some bad things about it. I took it for a while but stopped. I slept well but like you woke up a little groggy. I don't remember how much I took but 3mg sure seems high. It's been 2-3 years so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

thanks,bud...been reading some interesting(and mostly positive) info on it...

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/jun2007_nu_melatonin_01.htm

EXTRAPOLATER

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
Toronto
Melatonin worked for me about the first 2 or 3 times.
Does squat for me since.
5-htp doesn't do it, either, though I have a budy who swears he pops a couple and then sleeps great.
Valerian root is about the best I can recommend. Totally natural and has been used for longer than the Tories have been in office (up, here, ya know).

A good night's sleep is overrated.:facepalm:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h3rT4kkU4Os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EXTRAPOLATER

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
Toronto
me too

just been an incomniac for eons

Actually, ganja works great, but I lay there listening to tunes for about an hour or two before getting a great sleep.

Booze rarely helps. Enough will put me to sleep but the sleep ain't great, and constant wakage is probable.

Valerian root.
seriously

Bet on MyBookie