? for our MAC cappers conc. bowl.green

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
Looking for a little help here guys:

Interested in Bowling Green. I thought the line would come higher (31). Comes in at 28 1/2 and is now dropped to 28..... (Why would anyone want a ticket on temple?)

Are there any injuries or problems for Bowling Green that I don't know about?

They only have Ohio on deck... No big deal there..

I just don't get the move... Any of you MAC guys (gman, etc.) know anything the rest of us don't?

Thanks for reading the post and any help....

As always, good luck everyone....

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
raybo:

youre initial reaction to the line was exactly what mine was. i thought the line would be 31 or 32. bowling green annihilated this team in philly last year, and with the falcons coming off what brandon termed as the "worst performance in [his] five years here" the falcons are likely to lay it on big and get jacobs back on track. im not one of those people that thinks that just because a team loses in a blowout (bg at boise) that it means theyll bounce back with a huge win the next time out. its not always that simple. but i think its fair to apply that logic here. temple is in off a loss in the final seconds to wmu, and theres no way they can keep up with bowling green. i still, however, was surprised the line is so "low" (relatively speaking).

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
I would agree with Gman that basing any play on the concept that a team will respond the following week after being blown out can be quite a moneyburner since some teams can take weeks to recover from a blowout loss. In this case BGSU has the firepower to put up as many points as they would like on a very bad Temple Defense and I would be shocked if Jacobs did not put up monster numbers in this tilt. The total of over also looks nice in this one but one must be concerned if BGSU will use this game to try and correct their poor rushing attack thus limiting the throws for Jacobs and also one must wonder how many points will the Owls contribute in this one.

block044

Forum Member
Aug 30, 2005
owls moved the ball toe to toe with toledo, and even covered the 28- line i was given...bg can't stop anybody, and i mean anybody...what makes you think they can stop the owls????

could go either way...i expected a lot of points in an easy cover for toledo two weeks ago, and lost...now this one is setting up just the same. i'll say real close to the number, and there has to be better games out there.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Have to think this is also a reaction to the Ball State game.

My two cents is the MAC is getting pushed around on defense this year. They do have some offenses that can put points on the Board, but defense wins football games.

Bowling Green, like Toledo, has shown that they can't play defense, and until they do, I would not lay that many points.

Just my two cents.

Good Luck.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
BASON said:
Bowling Green, like Toledo, has shown that they can't play defense, and until they do, I would not lay that many points.

toledo held fresno to 248 total yards.
fresno's best offense was their defense and special teams last night. no comparison between toledo's D and bowling green's D.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
That is because Fresno gave up throwing the ball. If you watched the game, there is no way you can say that Fresno did not dominate the line of scrimmage and that is my point.

To me, total yards is irrelevant if you lose by 30!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
BASON said:
That is because Fresno gave up throwing the ball. If you watched the game, there is no way you can say that Fresno did not dominate the line of scrimmage and that is my point.

To me, total yards is irrelevant if you lose by 30!

i dont watch mac games. so im not in a qualified position to speak on toledo or bowling green.

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
Thanks again guys for the input guys... Bason and Block, I want to thank you guys for giving me the contrary side to consider.....
Was gone yesterday (actually flew into Vegas to play a few lines). So I didn't get to see the replys.
Was doing the milk run at the books to play a few games.
Speaking of that, I have a gripe with the Stardust.
Yes, I know this should go in another forum, but I wanted you guys to see it....
They always advertise on the radio that they will take 5k on a college side. I had a couple of games I really liked. "Sorry, we'll only take 1k on that game and 3k on that game, and 1k on the other game. Now, it's their business and they can run it any way they want, but, don't tell people that you will take certain limits and not honor that.
And to put down what they did take, I nearly had to take a rectal exam.... The only thing I can say:
God Bless the offshores!
as always, good luck guys...