For those on Atlanta....DON'T EXPECT VICK TO........

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
carry the load again.

Just a couple quick fyi's on this game:

1. This will be Atlanta's 3rd straight road game

2. Tampa's last 5 games at home have been won by an average of over 13 points per game

3. Expect Tampa to be coming after Vick the entire game just like the first meetin. Tampa seems to handle the scramblers fairly easily. Check out the rushing numbers of these quarterbacks vs Tampa this season:

Aaron Brooks 1st meeting: 9 yrds rushing
Michael Vick: 1 yrd rushing plus got knocked out in the 3rd quarter
Donovan Mcnabb: 4 yrds rushing
Daunte Culpepper: 8 yrds rushing
Aaron Brooks 2nd meeting 5 yrds rushing

Total rushing yrds allowed by Tampa vs these QB's = 27 yards

Taking Tampa Bay -4

Good luck to everyone on Sunday. :)

-ndnfan

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
that is one of my strongest plays this week already, but this definatly makes me want to up the ante a little bit. good luck and thank for the info!!

S-Boom

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2001
Thinking that this would have been my top play for the weekend. I like to hear this fellas. McFarland will be back for Tampa I believe and with him and Sapp clogging up the lanes Vick will have a tougher time running, especially since Brooks will be shadowing him as well. Brad Johnson is also real efficientc(Michael Pittman over catch prop?). Let's get em.

S-Boom

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
I am thinking moneyline on Tampa. I dont see Tampa losing this game after losing last week to New Orleans. Falcons think they can go in there and bring out a win. They dont need this win. They are in the playoffs. They will take that and consider themselves lucky.

Tampa Bay 27 Falcons 17

Scott on the moneyline

Jhpga

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2001
Brentwood,Tn
The only MAJOR problem with your point of Tampa's defense holding Brooks 2 times and McNabb once to minimal rushing yards is.............THEY LOST ALL 3 games:eek: :eek: :eek:

But it will be tough on Atl if Vick gets hurt again.....Atl would have won the first meeting with a healthy Vick.......he completly changes the game....I dont like either side ......so I'll pass on this one.....Good luck!!!

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Jhpga said:
The only MAJOR problem with your point of Tampa's defense holding Brooks 2 times and McNabb once to minimal rushing yards is.............THEY LOST ALL 3 games:eek: :eek: :eek:

But it will be tough on Atl if Vick gets hurt again.....Atl would have won the first meeting with a healthy Vick.......he completly changes the game....I dont like either side ......so I'll pass on this one.....Good luck!!!

Very good point Jhpga, and you do have a valid point to a degree. But I kinda feel obligated to comeback with the fact that Tampa does tend to and have a history of some problems winning road games of which the game vs Philly and the last game vs New Orleans was. The first game vs New Orleans was the also the 1st game of the year, which is excusable and they did beat Minnesota with Culpepper rather easily and the fact is even on the road they did contain these scrambling quarterbacks.

As far as your statement that Atlanta would have won the 1st meeting?? I'm not so sure of that. Vick played into the 3rd quarter and was really struggling, completing just 13 of 25 passes but worse yet was picked off 3 times!

Nonetheless, should be an interesting game. Thanks for the comments....best of luck to all!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
I see Michael Vick was reported sick this week ! Atlanta is on a 6-0-1 last seven games.

Last meeting Tampa 20 Atlanta 6. So what's with this 3 1/2 pointspread?

I'm not betting this game but i smell a BIG RAT here.

Good Luck all

Squad09

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2002
Vick has promised that he will play his best game of the year against T.B.Will this statement fire up the TAMPA DEFENSE or the ATLANTA OFFENSE?

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
The fact that Vick isn't playing on a rug, bothers me. His speed will be threatened today.

I think if Atlanta can score two td's today, they can cover, but the value of this board has taken me from liking Atlanta, to passing on the game. I thank the guys who make valid points for the Bucs!

This whole week looks shitty, to me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mickey's Picks

Forum Member
Oct 4, 1999
Chicago, IL
ndnfan,

I agree with your reasoning. Take a look at my trends post for one additional reason to take the Bucs.

Frankly I thought Vick's luck was going to run out last week at Minny as I thought the line was reflecting their blowout against the Panthers (a team they dominated first game against and the second -- there's the trend again). Minnesota played very well and were it not for a blocked field goal attempt late in the fourth quarter, Minny's field goal at the end of regulation would have been for the win instead of the tie.

(Had that happened by the way, Vick's smelly shoes would now be snugly in his locker instead of in the Hall of Fame).

WHY ASK WHY?

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2001
DAMFINO
Damn both teams......

Damn both teams......

may not score 26???

Atlanta has a defense too??

Who knew?

WHY?:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Winphoto1

Forum Member
May 31, 2001
USA
Great call NDNFAN!!

Tampa stopped Vick again!! You had that one scoped out right. Thanks for the easy win on that game.

WHY ASK WHY?

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2001
DAMFINO
cONGRATS TO ALL ON tAMPA BAY....

cONGRATS TO ALL ON tAMPA BAY....

I cut my losses some@ the half but Tampa was in th zone today.

WHY?

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Thanks Anthony and Mark

Didn't get to watch the game, but just got done checking the boxscore and looks like Tampa's D was their normal selves again.

GL on the rest of your games today.......personally, I need Oakland and Philly to complete a nice day.

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
as usual NDFAN was right.. Just a failure on my part to see the fine points you were making.

Great Call... i didn't play the game..but i see now why you did. Very Good.. Kudos;)

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Thanks Pujo21 :) In football as well as the other sport I cap (baseball), I just try to extract the keys or angles that will be the biggest factors on deciding the outcome and see if they outweigh the other factors........just so happened it worked for this game.

All attention is now on the last few weeks of the NFL....A major battle at the top of the infinity contest......hard to gain on the leaders......some awesome capping by those guys.

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg