Four Early Plays

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mickey's Picks

Forum Member
Oct 4, 1999
Chicago, IL
Minnesota (-2) ov. Penn State

Statement game for the Gophers another question mark for Joe Pa. Penn State is definitely a program on the decline while the Gophers have been a program on the right track for quite a few years now. Two victories over Penn State in 99' & '00, both at home and away, have erased any possible mystique from this matchup and the better team will come out on top. Gophers may have played minor talent but they pounded them the way they should have and in most cases called off the dogs after the first half so the results could have been far better. Two programs heading in opposite directions with a large differential in talent, particularly on the offensive side of the ball.

Miami, OH (-7) ov. Cincinnati

I see two teams here that are in completely different talent tiers. Cincy in the lower echelon, Miami about two levels above. Seven points at home with a better team and better coach doesn't seem like a stretch to me. Not much more to say here.

Louisville (-14) ov. Temple

Another lopsided matchup in terms of talent. Smith may be getting accolades for his work at Michigan State but I thought he was a big fat zero the last few years at Louisville. Petrino has really turned this team around and they have impressed me three straight contests now. Not asking much to cover this number at home against a much inferior opponent.

Kansas (+9.5) ov. Missouri

One of my sleeper teams of the year in Kansas. These guys are not a lousy football team and play with a lot of heart. Big game for the Jayhawks who should win outright at home against an overrated Missouri squad who just fought a death battle at home with a Middle-Tenn team that was playing their third straight road game.

Good luck to all in today's wager wars.