Free investment site

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Yes. I am one of those people that like to ask for services that I do not have to pay for. That is why I signed up at Motley Fool 7 years ago. Now that all of their real articles have a price attached to them, I am looking for a new site.

What I would like:
1. A place for me to watch my current investment portfolio from an easy to navigate page
2. Articles about stock movements AND strategies. I like to read other people's strategies on how to invest and what they are doing right now.
3. ABSOLUTELY FREE!
4. I don't care about discussion boards. MadJacks is the only one I have ever really contributed to.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what they use?

Thanks!

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
Dawgball will list more sites later along with some explanation, most of these I have not visited for a while.

money.cnn.com

has some good general articles and you can set up portfolios and get news on all the stocks you are tracking.

ideaadvisor.com

articles are short, there is a pay section however there is some usefull free stuff and it is well laid out, and easy to see if there is any info you want.

bloomberg.com

general news site with a commentary, today written about fuel cells, depends who writes the articles but some very good ones.
and they are archived. you can quickly see if the one interest you.

stockscores.com

not as good as it was a year ago or so.... still key in your stock symbol and you get the score, techical site, with charts. was better a year ago better set up. more stocks could be viewed on one screen. also has a membership section. not a member still for free you can check a stock strength or weakness.
also the weekly email has some interesting stories, lessons, some agree with others do not. would never pays a couple thousand for one of their weekend lectures.

thanks
selkirk

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
here are some more, more will come later.

cbs.marketwatch.com

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/commentary/default.asp?siteid=mktw

good site for articles, some on stocks and commodities.

valueinvestigator.com

Irwin Michael is a very good value manager in Canada. ABC funds are well run conservative investments. if you want to track some of the investments of this value fund manager, or what he looks for in an investment. good site, check it a couple a times a month. For the most part Cdn. stocks but some are in the US. The site also saves past comments written about the stocks so you can read past comments. good manager and a good general site.

more later.

thanks
selkirk

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
http://www.asensio.com/index.aspx

asenio.com is a website of a shortseller, do not like the site as much as in 1999. when investment scams and previous shorts were sometimes easier to find.

still a good site. some people hate Asenio, however a good/great shortseller should not be loved.

thanks
selkirk

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I am actually trying to build a stable of information sites, so these posts of yours are great.

Thanks for taking your time to post these. I was kind of surprised it took this long to post any. I figured there would be several people here that had sites that they enjoy.

I really liked fool.com for many years. I really enjoyed their attitude. Their whole existence was based on the free information concept. It would basically be like if this site started charging to see most of the posts.

I don't undertand when a company does a 180 with their corporate ideas.

Don't say it enough, but I really enjoy reading your write-ups, selkirk. I don't always understand them, but I enjoy what I can figure out!:p

Good luck!

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
The Information man comes in and proves why he is king once again!:eek:

Thanks, IE!

ricall

Forum Member
Jun 23, 2002
dawgball

dawgball

Here are two sites that I really like. I just gave you the url's to get into the sites but you can customize both of them. The Yahoo one gives you a detailed look at any stocks you want and you can put your portfolio on there and it will open to that every time. It also includes news, charts. customized indices at the top and it's really great. The other one I just use as a portfolio view which shows a listing of my stocks, # of shares, cost price, running quotes and extensions. At any time you can look at your Portfolio Manager and it will show the total value, daily change in value, etc....all extended. They take a little time to set up but they're well worth it. Happy Trails.
Ri

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Ricall--thank but I don't see any links. Are these sites just to monitor your own portfolio. I use fool.com which isn't great, but I've been there so long. I am actually looking more for information sites. Just looking for new venues for reading material.

Thanks again!

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
ricall--thanks.

Just looking for more information all the time. I don't want to limit myself with one source.

Thanks again!

Bet on MyBookie