Friday - Coaches vs Cancer + 1

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
0-2 Last Night
0-2 Season

On both wrong sides last night, as Jim Bo's team played for only half the game and the Sooners showed up Later...

Let's turn this around for tonight...

Marquette -3 - Buchanan will most likely not play which should equal more turnovers by the young guys. Nova has a great freshman class with a mini-homecoming tonight as most are from the NYC area. These guys have played well together without Buchanan in exhibition games but I will take the Golden Eagle Defense with Wade providing the O.

Georgia +5 - T J Ford-led Texas has all 5 starters back from the second half of last year. TJ Ford is one of the premiere guards in the league. So, why Georgia? Jarvis Hayes will score. Ezra Williams will score. Wright is a solid court general. This game should be close and as the Orangeman showed last night, you need to hit from the charity stripe. Georgia has a decided advantage here. Thomas for Texas attempted the most FreeThrows for the 'Horns last year and shot only 63%. Also, Texas falls into one of those teams that CAN play like a Top Five team or like a NIT hopeful. Boeheim's team is like that and I should have factored that into last night.

GL to All

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Georgia hits only 63% from the line...Texas 84.6%...
Georgia shoots 38.7% from floor...Texas 49.2%...
Georgia gets out Rebounded by 3

And oh yeah

Georgia (Harrick) gets 1 T...Texas 0

Thanks coach...

2-1 for the night...

Based on the first three stats above, I never would have guessed that the Bulldogs would be in the game. Free Throws would have made a difference but can not help but feel that Harrick must have played both Georgia on the moneyline and Texas minus the points.

Marquette comes through with good D but Villinova made MSG seems like the "Brickyard". 3-26 from beyond the arc and if you watch the game, you know that there were more than a few that missed the rim entirely. Get Buchanan healthy and give the frosh some experience and we could be talking of them in March...not tonight.

(See plus one thread that I thought was a reply to this but was a separate thread)...Wisconsin outrebounds EWU, Penny scores, and the Badgers pull way with 5:00 left in the first half and never look back.

2-3 for season...