Friday Hoops

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Been swampped the past few days helping a family member get first house...

24-31-1 on year...seem to be falling on the wrong side of the close ones, they will even out over the end but it seems that a lot of games these past two weeks have had big 2nd half turnarounds...Last night, I liked Iona and Tenn-Martin...Iona lost with a buzzer-(cover)beater but was finally on the right side of a 2nd half comeback with Tenn-Martin...

Tread lightly until this turns around

GeoSt +4 - The Panthers have played well this year beating fellow Colonial newcomer Delaware and La-Layf with a close loss to Charlotte. GMason is expected to challage OldDom for the Colonial Championship. Wins against UC-Irvine and Manhattan plus a close loss to Wake are offset by a blowout loss to Creighton. Going with the home team plus the points in a close game.

Stanford -6' - Everyone loves the Grizzlies...except me I guess. Stanford will be at or near the top of the PAC10 this year. Montana will be at or near the top of the BigSky. There is a major difference between these conferences as far as competition and ability. Montana has lost to BoiseSt and have beaten LoyolaMarymt, Western Oregon, and UtahValleySt. The GoldenBears got caught with their pants down in their opener against UC-Irvine but easily handled SanFran and Cal-Poly as they should. Hope this line keeps going down.

SFla +2 - The Islanders of TexCC have been one of the better independents the past few years but they have lost a lot of players and are in a rebuilding mode. They have beaten a few cupcakes and lost to a Tulsa team that hasn't beaten anyone else and has lost to a few cupcakes themselves. The Bulls lost in double overtime Tuesday vs Fla-Int. They continued to turn the ball over in the loss. I see this as a rebound game for the Bulls and the fact that the Islanders are favored should be some motivation for this team. Turnovers will be the key...or should I say...lack of turnovers.

GL to ALL

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
I agree with you on Stanford, these teams are in a different class. They were missing their top big man (Harryass) in that first game with UC-Irvine, and in the 2 games since he has averaged 17 points and 11.5 rebounds. I don't think Montana has an answer for him, and Stanford would appear to have a definite advantage in the backcourt as well. Good luck.

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Adding:

Adding:

Georgia Southern +13' - Both of these teams will score...and score...and score...In the Eagles' two losses, Nesbitt shot around 25% and was 1-10 and 2-10 from beyond the arc. In last three games, those numbers have turned around considerably (4-7, 7-12 and 4-8 from three land). Missouri State lost the SW from their name and have looked very good in their first two games. Too many points here. Look for the Eagles to keep it close, but the Bears should win by 2-4 buckets.

Fairfield +24 - The Stags have lost all three games they have played this year, but seems to have turned a small corner by staying with Providence the entire game last time out. They are still shooting at a terrible clip which is a cause for concern. Iowa has beaten up on some cupcakes. They have also beat 2 top 25 teams in Kentucky and NCState. The only loss was to number 2 Texas. Could be a letdown game for the Hawkeyes as they held on in the ACC/Big10 Challenge on Wednesday and now play an much lesser opponent. Iowa will win this game easily but I see this as a high teen win not by 24 or more.

GL to ALL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Heywood

Heywood

GL to Us on the Cards...I like looking for that golden MidMajor that can play the big boys tough but I don't think this is it...Seems like a lot of people are on the Griz, so we shall see if we are flying high like a bird or like a salmon swimming upstream into a bears paw...

By the way in my writeup on this game...I had a brain fart and call Stanford "The Golden Bears"...Not sure who should be more insulted, the Cards or Golden Bears....

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
SingleMalt said:
Georgia Southern +13' - Both of these teams will score...and score...and score...In the Eagles' two losses, Nesbitt shot around 25% and was 1-10 and 2-10 from beyond the arc. In last three games, those numbers have turned around considerably (4-7, 7-12 and 4-8 from three land). Missouri State lost the SW from their name and have looked very good in their first two games. Too many points here. Look for the Eagles to keep it close, but the Bears should win by 2-4 buckets.

Too many points to give a solid team. I'm on this one also.