Friday Hoops

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
2-2 yesterday with both losses by less than a bucket...8-4-1 for the week...

Playing both tonight...

Loyola Maryland -2 - This is not your father's Greyhound team...It is not even your slightly older brother's. A few years ago, it would be hard pressed to find a worse team in Div1 than the Greyhounds. Not so now. Patsos had brought a winning attitude from the Terps program, along with Collins and Fofana. The Purple Eagles are trying to deal with the loss of Juan Mendez, David Brooks, and Alvin Cruz. They have not been very successful so far this year. When the defending conference champ plays against the league's frequent doormat, even on the road, you usually expect them to be giving a few...not tonight...I think the line is a little low due to past year's performances by both teams and not based on the current squads and their play this year.

Iona -4 - Manhattan seems to get a little more respect than the other MAAC teams for the past number of years. Give credit to BobbyG for running a good program. BUT, the Jaspers lost Mulligan and his 20 points and I think a lot of this respect comes from the Louis Flores years and their upset of Florida in the NCAAs two years ago. Anderson is a great player and serves as the focal point for the team this year. That said, the Gaels are the best team in the league this year. The three-headed backcourt of McCullough, Burtt and Soliver leads this team. The Gaels have played better competition this year. To rate these teams even with a four point HC advantage gives to much respect to the Jaspers and not enough to the Gaels.

GL to ALL

King

No Money
Forum Member
Feb 1, 2005
Good Luck, I am on both of these with :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg