Friday: Ivy League Preview

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Best Bet: Cornell +15.5

Cornell is very inconsistent, losing last week to 3-15 Dartmouth and then beating Harvard big on the road. Cornell played terrible in losing large to Yale earlier this season in Ithaca.

I think Yale's team and fans have given up: last weekends sweep by the Ps kills any chances Yale had of winning the Ivy. This is a good Yale team that has for some reason fallen apart after a good early start to the season.

Yale's center McHugh didn't practice all week due to a bad left knee but will play. He didn't look real good last weekend.

Ray posted some good stats, here's a couple more: Cornell is 4-1 when Barnes scores 17+ and Cornell is 6-1 when attempting 20+ FTs.

I like the Big Red to stay within the number in front of a small crowd at Yale. Cornell has revenge on their mind while Yale is just playing for pride.

Penn -7.5

Penn will pressure Pat Harvey's sophomore replacements into a lot of TOs and now that Toole is healthy again, Penn should break Harvard's 2-game winning streak against Penn at Lavietes.

Dartmouth +7

The Big Green are improving and Princeton will miss leading scorer Gloger this weekend. Princeton got a win over Yale last weekend without Gloger but that was more due to the Bulldogs poor play.

Columbia +17.5

Small play. No I'm not crazy. Columbia is one of the worst teams in Div 1, but I see Brown losing interest and Columbia getting the backdoor cover. Brown's coach Miller is suspended by the league for this weekends game and I think that will be the difference in the cover.

Get as many points as you can on Columbia, we'll need them.

gl

- Jon