Friday NCAA Hoops: Siena @ Niagara

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
YTD: 13-6

PICK: Niagara -4.5

A lot has changed since Siena beat Niagara 81-69 in Albany 29 days ago. Leading scorer Charron Fisher is back for the Purple Eagles and the team as a whole is playing much better, turning a 1-6 record around to 7-7.

I like Siena a lot; at 6'6", 250, Haddix plays like a Charles Barkley. But I discount some of their "great" play in recent games; they were lucky to catch Buffalo, Tenn State and Cansius without their best players and Maryland sleep-walked against them in that New Year's Eve game.

Haddix had a great performance vs. Cansius, but the Griffs only have two players taller than 6'6".

Siena has made this Western NY swing vs Cansius and Niagara 17 times since the start of MAAC league play and only gone 2-0 three times, the last time being at least six years ago.

I look for Niagara to rebound and shoot much better than they did in the first match-up between these two and cover the number.

In terms of the other game, St Peters is dressing only 7 guys and Cansius is playing without their leading scorer. My lean is to Cansius to make the adjustment and get a dd win.

good luck.

- Jon

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
Would not surprise me if the 'fix' was in for this one.

Along with the MAC and Big West I believe this conference is the most likely to have crooked games.

PharoahUB

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Tennessee
Would not surprise me if the 'fix' was in for this one.

Along with the MAC and Big West I believe this conference is the most likely to have crooked games.

im pretty sure few if any college hoops games are fixed on a large scale. if they were im sure it would have come out a long time ago. none of these kids would lose too much coming out that games were fixed after they were out of school and how often do you hear about it? if anything they could make money writing a book about it. I could see point shaving on a spread that was like 9-10 if you could just somehow payoff the PG. But to have a team intentionally lose or win by less then 3 points would take a team effort. Anything on that scale would come out one way or another. Just my oppinion.

I'm guessing you see these line movements because someone in the know knows something that we don't. Like a top player is under the weather,etc. They may place a wager or leak to a few of there close friends who make substantial wagers that could move the line. I know that I found out about a vital player on UB being out for a game long before it came out because I had a friend on the team. Unfortunately I couldn't pull the trigger and bet against my own school- big mistake. If I remember correctly it was an easy winner.

Good luck on Niagara tonight, I'm on it too but the line movement is scary.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg