Friday Tourney NCAAB 3/18

KingB40

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 4, 2019
Chucktown
Thurs: 3-6 -$285

Rough start (0-4) before catching a few in the later games. BIG10 Fade 2-1 yesterday. 5 games for them today...

Loyola pick 'em 165/150
New coach, no Cameron Krutwig, but still the same ole Ramblers. Big10 fade #1

Jax St/Auburn over 138 330/300
Leery of Auburn all together as NCAA is a guards game still, and their guards are not good. But rather mess with the line(Auburn has to be ready after watching their conference counterpart fall flat yesterday, right?), I like the total, here. Both teams can score...and neither really like to defend (Kessler only defends in the paint and Jax St shoots 38% from 3).

Montana St +15.5 110/100
T Tech is legit, but Montana St can keep within this range (maybe).

Yale +17 220/200
Yale ML 50/400
Purdue has all the talent in the world, but also has Matt Painter as coach. Feel like I've said the talent thing before, but never said anything great about Painter. He's fallen flat more times than not in Tournament games (Big games?) and that hasn't changed. Yale covers---and would be awesome if they won. Big10 fade #2

Miami +2.5 330/300
Underrated game of the day, here (hopefully). I like both teams (think either can/will beat Auburn), and like both coaches. Leaning the U because of their overall maturity (average age is like 40), despite the lack of tourney experience. Most of these guys have families and have already been divorced once or twice so a tourney game should be no sweat. Go Canes!

Irish +4 110/100
Tricky one, here, as Bama is difficult to prep and play for. The Irish are solid---the worry is the athletic discrepancy (see Vermont/Arkansas last night), but if they can limit TOs and hit some shots (which I think they will) this game should be very close (maybe a play on ML, too).

Texas -1 440/400
Really liked watching VT last week in the ACC tourney, but my feeling is similar to that of Iowa---SELL HIGH. Not a big fan of Texas, but they play D (most of the time) and a lot of those looks VT got last week will be snuffed out.

Chattanooga +8 330/300
Chat ML 100/280
Look, another Big10 fade(#3, for those still reading). Illinois has battered me this year: killed me when I fade them, murder me when I favor them. Chat can play and has a lineup that matches up well on paper with Ill. I've always been a fan of Underwood, but the more I think about it, the more he reminds me of another underperforming Big10 coach in the tourney (cough, Matt Painter).

Iowa St +4 110/100
I'm probably going to pay for this one, but if LSU wins then everyone can rejoice that Will Wade was just a crap coach on top of a cheater. Hate both of these teams, but want a little action just to hopefully make it watchable...

Davidson +1 165/150
Everyone wants to see if Izzo can end Coach K's journey in the round of 32, but I see a big problem in the round of 64 (Davidson). We already saw 1 A-10 team take down a Big10 team (Holla at a Spider!), and I think we see #2 happen, here. Big10 fade #4........

Colgate +7.5 330/300
Colgate ML 100/275
You didn't really think I'd favor the last Big10, did you? Raiders are gonna give 'em (and the home crowd in Milwaukee) all they can handle and more.

GL All!

jng

Packer Fan
Forum Member
Nov 15, 2000
Thanks for these excellent comments. Even with a persistent anti-Big10 bias!

And keeping a record makes everything worth reading

Have a great day!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KingB40

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 4, 2019
Chucktown
OK, so the Big10 fade is off so far, but 3 games left. At least the U decided not to choke all the way...The ACC is turning out to be looking pretty damn good (Irish handling Bama currently)---guess you can't judge a team by its season.

Ill/Chat over 136 (bet yesterday) 220/200
These teams should get up and down.

Looking at some 2nd halves for these late games.

GL All!

Bet on MyBookie