Friday TSelections - Macallan Time

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Santa Clara -2 - Almost shocking the college basketball world in their last game (1 point loss to the Zags in conf. tourny), the Broncos return 4 starters from that team to start this season including senior guards. Denison was projected to start this year but is battling a foot fracture and will be missed. The Dukes also return a starting backcourt in Osimani and McAllister but need to fill new starting big men. Achara is started at the end of last year and showed some promise. Osmiani is an athlete and assist machine but needs to step up his scoring. Either Perkins or Bailey can score for the Broncos but look for Niesen to contribute inside for a Santa Clara victory.

Birmingham Southern +11' - Both teams burned me last night as Miss St played just well enough to win and BirmSo let down in the second half to let the cover slip off. With one game under the belt for each team, look for the Bulldogs to be a little more focused tonight and for the Panthers to put forth a full game effort. I am seeing that Roberts may not play tonight as he recovers from a broken nose. Look for the home team to keep this game close as they look for respect from one the "Big Boys".

Syracuse -14' - First real game for the Orangemen as last night's warmup is no indication on how good this team is. Princeton will be able to play tough against many teams from better conferences but the Tigers will have to play their best D and make more backdoor cuts than...OK I won't make an obscene pun about backdoor activities cause even I don't want to go there...(return to original thought) backdoor cuts than in any game they have played in order to stay with Warrick, McNamara and Co.

Leaning to StMary and New Mex...can't find a first half line on the New Mex as I have found the it is more profitable to play the first half line on big chalk than to play the game line.

2-3-1 on the season (Birm second half cost me a winning day)

GL to ALL

SingleMalt

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Adding...

Adding...

First total for the year...

Over 123' Syracuse/Princeton - Princeton will try to slow this game down but this game should play in the mid 130s. The Orangemen need just 69 points to guarentee a split. Mid to upper 70s for the Orangemen and low 60s for the Tigers.

GL to ALL