Friday: William & Mary

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
YTD: 8-5

Haven't posted for a few days, no east coast teams played that I have a good handle on.

William & Mary -4.5

W&M Tribe are led by 6-7 forward Adam Hess who is probably the best player in the Colonial Conference. 6-8 Zeb Cope and 6-9 freshman center Brian Hutt have also looked good in early games; Tribe have too much inside for the the team from Brooklyn.

W&M won their first game of the year for new coach Tony Shaver, who likes an up-tempo style which he perfected at Division III Hampden-Sydney where he won 75% of his games in the last 17 years and took H-SC to the Div III NCAA tourney 11 times including the Div III Final Four last year and in 1999.

Tribe lost game #2 the next night 89-86 at Radford, a decent Big South team.

I also like W&M because they have good ball control; they don't turn the ball over much (avg of 11.5 in first 2 games) and they don't foul much (#14 in national last year with just 16 pg).

St. Francis got blown out by UMass in their first game and shot just 31% from the field. Their slender 6-4 190lb guard Christian Brown led the team in rebounding with five.

I look for W&M to break 80 points in coach Shaver's tourney debut with his new team and outscore St. Francis by 15 or so.

- Jon

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
superbook

Thanks for the winner and the great write-up. I really appreciate you taking time to write a brief summary why you like the pick. It gave me confidence and I bet a "ton" on the game tonight. Thanks again, and good luck on the rest of your picks. Keep up the good work. You are a great handicapper.

FIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Nice job superbook.Haven't seen the box score yet but I guess they kept it close. In the end they pulled away.

Had today off and my wife worked.Thats when I'm good.lol
Have been capping all day.
Tomr will finish up.
Have no idea of the spreads.I use my formula and put my numbers down.Then tomr am will look at the lines.Sometimes I need to adjust.
Looking at
Iona-JMU
Wisky-Rutgers
Buffalo-Penn st
Wake-Yale
Miss St-WKU
Iowa-Louisville
Bama-Providence
Siena-little Dukies
Towson St-Loy Md....to bad teams

Really like Miss St-WKU...I have Miss St -6
Wisky I have at -13
Again nice job on Mary.They won by 20...see you tomr.

geech

Forum Member
Jan 19, 2003
thanks for the play book, made up nice for my HOGS disaster today in cfb.
great info

Geech

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg