Friday

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Snif , Snif.... i'm missing those nice writhe up, whit all thos stats and number crushing.
You're neglecting us, before you use to be so full of attention whit us,Katts are you cheatting on us are you having an affair.

my top picks for tonight are
flo over
nyisl
colombus

Good luck tonight Katts

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Taking a litl' break with the write-ups.. doesn't worth the effort.

Make the bet on the OVER a 1-unit play. Thought the starting goalie for Chicago was Passmore but still no way to confirm this with less than 5 minutes before the game starts. This league is a complete joke.

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Passmore, Thibault, whatever... should have stayed with the 2 units play.. so easy to say at this point...

When I say that this league is a complete joke... what I mean is that I deeply believe that the starting goaltenders should be public knowledge at least 3 hours before the game starts. In baseball we all know who's gonna pitch, in football we all know who's gonna be the quarterback... but in hockey... that's a shame in my mind. Oh what the heck... it's just the most important position
rolleyes.gif

Updating MJ record:
YTD: 24-31-7 -0.20

Sam

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2001
nice night, but i totally disagree with you.
Do you think the teams care if we know who is starting so we can bet on em. They like to keep it quiet sometimes for an edge on the other team, and nothing is for sure untill gametime incase of injury or if the goalie isnt feeling good. But thats just my opinion.

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Do you think the teams care if we know who is starting

As you can see, I removed the "bet" part because this is not the point. Of course, I'd be a liar if I'd say that the main reason why I want to know who's starting has nothing to do with betting purposes. But it is just not the point. If the teams don't care about their fans, then it's a serious lack of respect for those paying their checks.

Now I don't know where you're from Sam but let's say you're from Buffalo, and that the Sabres are hosting the Red Wings tonight. You and a couple of your buddies are anxious to see Hasek back in Buffalo so you go buy some tickets - of course you don't have a clue if it's gonna be Legace or Hasek in net but you just "figure". How disappointed would you be if, at 7:35 pm, when the puck drops, you see Legace in nets for the Wings? Then after the game, Scotty Bowman would explain "this was a final minute decision as we figured out that Hasek was a bit too nervous tonight and it was a good counter-plan". Bullsh!t. You don't see that in baseball. You don't see a last minute pitching change if there's no serious reason (injuries) for it. Just a lack of respect for the fans.

Sam

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2001
I see your point, but bottom line is the W.
And they do what they have to to get it. If they get the W's the fans will be there.

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Once again I have to diagree. maybe a fair % of the fans don't care about who's on ice and who's not as long as their team wins, but personally I feel the complete opposite. This is a pro league - you go in arenas to see the very best in this World. And considering the very high prices of the tickets, I think it's rather fair for the one buying to know who's gonna play and who's not.

Back 10 years ago, when the Colorado Avalanche were still the Quebec Nordiques, I used to go see a good amount of games. I think it was in 1990-1991 when I was at "Le Colis?e" for half of the regular season games. I don't remember the result of each of these games - but I do remember to have been astounded by Mario Lemieux' magical hockey playing, I do remember having booed Patrick Roy like hell calling him all the ugly names imaginable, and I do remember being impressed by Ray Bourque's imposing presence on the ice. That's what I remember. Not the scores - the players - the ones having that little thing we'd all love to possess to play whatever sport in the major leagues.

[This message has been edited by katts (edited 11-17-2001).]

Bet on MyBookie