Fry day NHL card

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
NHL season: 2-1 (+2.05)

For tonight:

1) Carolina -0.5 (+115)

Carolina lost next to no one in the offseason and added Aaron Ward to a poor defensive unit. The fans are excited about the upcoming season, as evidenced by reports of significant increases in season ticket sales. I think the ESA will be electric tonight, given that it is Friday night and it is opening night. Sandis Ozolinsh and David Tanabe are lethal passers on the power play and Ward gives them a big physical presence on defense that they sorely needed. This is basically the same Carolina team that took Jersey to six games in the first round last year and they are looking to build on that success. They had five rookies playing for them last year, three of whom were solid contributors and look to step up this season.

The Rangers have added an assortment of players, the most significant being Eric Lindros. Bryan Berard attempts to come back from a career threatening eye injury. Richter looks to rebound from knee surgery. Theo Fleury is coming back from substance abuse treatment. Quite simply, I do not see how all of the pieces are going to come together in their first game of the season on the road against a tough Carolina team.

I'm playing Carolina based on them being the better team on an upswing at home against a Rangers team that has too many question marks.

Good luck and be smart out there!

Bet on MyBookie