Future "middle"

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
If you have an account with both Intertops and WSEX... and if you have time to read this stuff..

Bet 200$ on St-Louis 12-1 (Intertops)
Sell 10 shares of St-Louis @ 25$ (WSEX) *Note: you need 75$ in your account per share to cover the potential losses.

If St-Louis is eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round - you end up with a 50$ net profit. No more complications.

Now if St-louis reaches the Western final, let's figure out the worst case, against Colorado.. Colorado's serie line should be around -225. Bet 450 on Colorado to win the serie. If Colorado wins, you "break even" overall, since you don't make any profit - nor losses - on your shares, you lose 200$ on your straight future and win 200 on the serie.

But if St-Louis reaches the final, worst scenario is that they'll meet New Jersey. You should get New Jersey around -120 at worst at this point (serie line). Bet 1140$ on New Jersey. If New Jersey wins, you lose: 25$ * 10 (250$) on your shares, you lose 200$ on your straight future, and you allready lost 450$ on Colorado. But you win 950$ on New Jersey, so you end up with a 50$ profit.

If St-Louis wins the cup, you lose 75$ * 10 (750$) on your shares, you allready lost 1140$ on NJ and 450$ on Colorado. But you win 2400$ on your straight future, so you end up with 60$ net profit.

As you can see, you can't really lose. Ok this might sound a bit complicated and it takes lots of $ to make a few, but here I pointed out the worst possible scenarios (Colorado and New Jersey); if you're lucky enough you could end up with St-louis in the final facing, let's say, Philadelphia (but I don't want that!!), and at this point, you should get better than -120. Another thing too, this is good for earning your bonus -fair and square- without risking anything*, as you "rolled over" some of your money in both accounts.

*Here I say "without risking anything" but you could end up losing if, let's say, St-louis reaches the SC final, but Chris pronger and Al MacInnis just got injured in the western final, so you might have to lay a little bit more on -let's say- New Jersey. But globally, I think that this is a good way to earn your 10-20% bonus the "easy" way, and you should also normally end up with a small profit.

Bet on MyBookie