FYI - Jason Allison

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Another reason the B's never win it all. Fuc*%$ sinden et al. They trade anybody that's worth anything.

Ok maybe allison was asking to much $$, but I heard an interview yesterday on 790 the score in providence w/his agent stating that allison has come down on his asking price.

He also stated that they have initated(sp?) all the meeting so far and that's it!!

For all you B's fans the silver lining is that something is better than nothing!!

Enough ranting.

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
Boy you said it skulldog...Sinden just can't stop screwing the Bruins and their fans with his inept "leadership"...no wonder no one wants to play in Boston. Anyone remember the Harold Ballard days in Toronto? He was another crusty old fart who didn't get along with anyone but thought he knew how to run a hockey team...the Leafs just kept getting worse and worse until he was gone.

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
as a bruins fan since birth, i'm trying to decide if the deal is as bad as it first appears.

you would expect the bruins would have got in return a marquee player ... like a Lecavalier or a Bonk.

but they do have now two good players that want to be in Boston, and thats worth a lot.

i dunno yet. i need to look at this deal more.

Bonovox

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
NY, NY, USA
As a Kings fan, I'm elated. Murray plays hard but is all over the place. Stumpel? Well, that's the old "addition by subtraction" right there. Allison with Deadmarsh and Palffy will be sick.

And hey, I don't have to watch Stumpel play phantom defense anymore!! There was nothing more frustrating that seeing his guy break loose from Stumpel's "check" and score. That guy couldn't hurt a butterfly with a baseball bat.

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
Anyone remember the Harold Ballard days in Toronto?

shhhhhhhhhhhhh....don't remind me.

frown.gif

the mugs

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Cranston, RI, USA
Hey Skulldog & Kronheim...It's not so much O'Connell or Sinden's doings. It goes higher than those two - all the way up to the absent ownership of Jeremy Jacobs. They are just keeping the spending down (keeping their jobs) so that guy can turn a profit.

Harry has made some great trades in the past, including Oates, Tocchet & Ranford for a couple of unknowns like Allison, Anson Carter (and Jim Carey was in that deal also)
Harry robbed Vancouver in getting Neely for an old injured Barry Pederson too. He had his stinkers too. You B's fans remember Bill Derlago from Toronto? Ouch.

I'm just saying as Bruins fans, we have to stick together and NOT GO TO THE FLEECE CENTER any more. As long as 12-14 thousand people put their a$$e$ in those canary yellow seats, it will always be that way. Here in Mass, NESN is free almost everywhere so we can watch all the games without dropping too much cash.

I will get off of my soap box after this. This B's team looks decent to start the season but come playoff time (if they make it) poor Robbie Ftorek will be crying for a top quality player/scorer like Allison and all us B's fans know right now that there won't be any marquee players coming to Boston at the trade deadline.

Ahh the deep emotional scars of being a Boston fan
frown.gif

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
What a great trade! Sorry B's fans. I feel for you, but man, as a Kings fan, this should finally give us them the offense they need to keep up with the second tier out west.

Bet on MyBookie