Game 7 Stats?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

sashi patel

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Does anyone have any information regarding Game 7's?

Home ice advantage?

Totals?

Thanks.

Leaning towards Jersey and the Over 4 only because a 2-1 game will require the losing team to pull the goalie for an extended period of time. 4-5 minutes or so. I seem to remember Game 7's have a tendency to reach 4-5 goals, but can't remember.

~Patel

sashi patel

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Here it is:

Home team in capitals. Player with winning goal at end.

2001 COLORADO 3, New Jersey 1 Alex Tanguay
1994 N.Y. RANGERS 3, Vancouver 2 Mark Messier
1987 EDMONTON 3, Philadelphia 1 Jari Kurri
1971 Montreal 3, CHICAGO 2 Henri Richard
1965 MONTREAL 4, Chicago 0 Jean Beliveau
1964 TORONTO 4, Detroit 0 Andy Bathgate
1955 DETROIT 3, Montreal 1 Gordie Howe
1954 DETROIT 2, Montreal 1 x-Tony Leswick
1950 DETROIT 4, N.Y. Rangers 3 x-Pete Babando
1945 Toronto 2, DETROIT 1 Babe Pratt
1942 TORONTO 3, Detroit 1 Pete Langelle

11 Stanley Cup Finals Game 7's.

9 of 11 were won by home team.
9 of 11 had total goals of 4 or more
3 of 11 over 4 goals
6 of 11 exactly 4 goals
2 of 11 under 4 goals
7 of last 7 game 7's had total goals of 4 or more.

Looks like Devils and Over 4 or Devils and no play on the total.

Thoughts?

~Patel

ddubs

Let's Go Boilers!!!
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2000
The Windy City
Good stuff, Sashi:)

The Cup is coming to SoCal, baby:D, even though it'll be going to Orange County instead of LA County:(. I'll be going with the Ducks HUGE and the Over, FWIW.

Good luck, my friend. We'll get our turn next year:) I think Cechmanek will be a nice fit after the change of scenery.

Hope to see you around come October:thumb: :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sashi patel

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Thanks Dubs.

Allison is healthy. Deadmarsh is gettin' there. ;)

Just can't stomach the thought of the Cup in the hands of the ducks.

And history seems to be on the side of the Devils.

Unless Ducks are simply a team of destiny.

I'll take my chances with the Devils tonight.

One of us will win.

We'll definitely hook up for a game at Staples next year.

I like the Over, too. :D

~Patel

ddubs

Let's Go Boilers!!!
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2000
The Windy City
You're on, bro. I haven't been to Staples yet, so would definitely love to see a Kings game there. I think when the they Kings are healthy, they're a team that no one wants to play against. Just can't believe how many players went down this season due to the injury bug. I've never seen anything like it. We've got a ton of talented young players who got a ton of valuable ice time due to the injuries, and if we're in the hunt come trading deadline, I'm sure Dave Taylor will be adding a couple of veterans to the team like the Ducks did to make a push for the cup. I can't wait for the season opener already, I think the Kings have won their last 5 season home openers in a row, another nice trend to play with next yr:D.

I actually have no probs with the Ducks hoisting the cup before the Kings. We are still THE team in LA, just like the Dodgers and the Lakers will always be THE team with LA before the Angels and the Clippers, even after last yr. I remember vividly the sick feeling in my stomach when McSorley was called for that f***ing illegal stick penalty (Stick Gate, if you will) to let the Habs tie and win the game in OT, and eventually losing to them in 5 games (puke:mad: ). Maybe that will be the stimulus to make the Kings work extra hard in the off season?

Anyways, got a plane to catch. Good luck with your picks tonite. GO Ducks:D:)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rc conditioner

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2002
california
I remember vividly the sick feeling in my stomach when McSorley was called for that f***ing illegal stick penalty (Stick Gate, if you will) to let the Habs tie and win the game in OT, and eventually losing to them in 5 games (puke ). Maybe that will be the stimulus to make the Kings work extra hard in the off season?

:nooo:

since their is no smiley that pukes i chose this one. Still makes me sad thinking about that 93 series.

I would love to meet up with you guys for a game, if you don't mind. I live close to staples and the pond.

and good luck today sashi:D

sashi patel

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Denver, Colorado
And I had Game 6 tickets to that series.

Was at the home opener 2 years ago against the Coyotes. I was with Sunny Day and he got hooked because of the 2-2 tie:(

~Patel

sashi patel

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Denver, Colorado
I've posted some of the reasons for taking the Devils, but the most important reason is that Chenker took the Devils for the series.;)

Good luck to everyone tonight,

~Patel

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg