Gameday - Boston @ Ottawa

the mugs

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Cranston, RI, USA
Hey everybody. Basically, I'm a lurker who couldn't handicap my way out of a wet paperbag. So I coattail of off guys who have a good track record. Having said that, thanks to you Sam, Stag, ND2002HORNS and everybody else that I didn't mention.

Hope this info helps you out there.

=====

BOSTON BRUINS at
OTTAWA SENATORS
Saturday, December 1, 2001
Corel Centre; Ottawa, Ontario
7:00 pm (ET) - Gametime
UPN-38
Tonight's Game
The Bruins visit the Senators tonight in the first of five games between these teams this season and the first of three games of this season's series at the Corel Centre. The Bruins are 13-7-3-2 overall this season with a 3-5-3-0 record on the road. The Senators are 12-8-3-0 overall this season with a 6-4-3-0 record on home ice. The Bruins are 3-3-0-0 vs. Northeast Division opponents thus far this season and are 9-3-0-2 overall vs. Eastern Conference foes. The Senators are 3-2-0-0 vs. Northeast Division opponents thus far this season and are 8-7-2-0 overall vs. Eastern Conference foes.

Lifetime Series
The Bruins are 29-11-6-2 lifetime vs. the Senators with a 177-125 scoring advantage in those 48 games. On the road, the Bruins are 14-4-3-2 lifetime vs. Ottawa with a 79-52 scoring edge in those 23 games. The Bruins are winless in their last three games vs. Ottawa at 0-2-0-1 with their last win over the Senators a 2-1 victory in Boston on Nov. 9, 2000. The Bruins are winless in their last five games in Ottawa at 0-2-1-2 with their last road win over the Senators a 3-0 victory on Mar. 24, 1999.

Recent Bruins Games
The Bruins have won their last two games and are 6-2-0-0 in their last eight games with a 5-3 victory over Montreal on Nov. 13, 5-4 overtime win over New Jersey on Nov. 15, 3-1 victory over Buffalo on Nov. 17, 3-2 loss in Montreal on Nov. 20, 3-2 victory over Vancouver on Nov. 23, 2-0 loss in Toronto on Nov. 24, 6-3 win over Tampa Bay on Nov. 27 and 3-2 overtime win in Philadelphia on Nov. 29. The Bruins are 8-4-0-0 in their last 12 games and have taken points out of 15 of their last 20 games with a 10-5-3-2 record in that span.

Recent Senators Games
The Senators have lost their last two games and are winless in their last three games at 0-2-1-0 with a 4-4 tie vs. Calgary on Nov. 22, 6-3 loss to Atlanta on Nov. 24 and 4-2 loss in St. Louis on Nov. 27. The consecutive losses follow an 11-game unbeaten streak at 9-0-2-0 from Oct. 25-Nov. 22.

Upcoming Bruins Games
The Bruins conclude their current three-game road trip in Atlanta on Dec. 4 (7:30 p.m.; NESN & WBZ Radio). They will next return home to host Pittsburgh on Dec. 6 (7:30 p.m.; NESN & WBZ Radio).

Upcoming Senators Games
The Senators next face a three-game road trip to Colorado on Dec. 3, Dallas on Dec. 5 and Nashville on Dec. 6. They will next return home to host Tampa Bay on Dec. 8.

Bruins Injuries
Mike Knuble: Non-displaced fracture of transverse process suffered Nov. 20 in Montreal; out indefinitely.
Jarno Kultanen: Knee injury suffered Nov. 6 vs. Edmonton; out indefinitely.
P. J. Stock: High ankle sprain suffered Nov. 8 vs. Minnesota; out indefinitely.
Total Man-Games Lost: 60

Senators Injuries
None reported.

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
mugs,

Great info, I am going to add some stuff in bit on this game, keep in mind, whenever posting a lifetime record with the Senators that there first five years were horrendous, Boston beat them 18 straight when the Sens started back in '92 so some of those numbers are meaningless when it comes to lifetime record. knock out the first five year and the record head to head is 11-11-6-2 which makes a difference. Just a thought.

I really like your stats on the division records, this is one stat that means alot. You are doing a solid job posting, any info you can give the forum is much appreciated.

GL Tonight!

HORNS

Bet on MyBookie