Germnay/Portugal Over

gfrazier

Forum Member
Feb 11, 2004
Bakerfield
The past third place game had a total of 5 goals. I read a stat that said that in the past three 3rd place games, there have been 3 or more goals in the first half. Any thoughts?

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
I'm on the over. Last 3rd Place game not to have at least 3 goals was 1974. They tend to play more free open, entertaining soccer in these games as they are hardly more than a friendly. 5 goals in the last 3Pl game and those 2 teams combined for only 5 goals total in their 6 play-off games leading up to that. That 5 total goals scored AND given up combined in 6 games coming into the game.

If Portugal & Germany play like they have up till now, its an under for sure, but I'm betting and history says they don't.

Gimme_The_Loot

Forum Member
Jun 17, 2006
I agree In Spades. Everyone and their mamas are on the over due to the history of 3rd/4th place matches going over. Just remember folks, records are meant to be broken. Look what happened to the Germans' record at Dortsmund that stood for some 30+ years. Now I'm not saying it won't go over today, but if you're playing the total today, you should really base it on the lineup, what the teams' gameplan will be, etc....GL

Bet on MyBookie