Get on this NOW-Alabama/Ole Miss...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
I just saw where Alabama is -9 against Ole Miss. If you can, bet OM right now.

IMO there is no way Alabama will win by 9 if we win at all. Eli will get his against our average secondary. If nothing else OM will get a late TD.

Ole Miss' strength is our weakness, so I would suggest getting this thing now before it starts to drop.

Last edited:

Fluk

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2002
Auburn
Didn't see this post, or I would have posted a reply instead of starting new thread.

I agree Bama I expected line to drop as well. I think Bama should win this game, but +11 sounds like to many points to me.

Good luck to you and your team from down here on the plains.
Fluk

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mw

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
dallas
This line opened at Bama -7.5, so I don't expect it to drop any time soon.

Joe De

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2002
I show Mississippi winning S/U but not as strong pick as i like...fwiw

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jdh

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think it may be a good call to take Ole Miss. 10.5 is a pretty good line for these two teams. I'll be honest, nobody thinks much of Ole Miss around here. That usually means we don't play well because we underate the team. Of course, the fans aren't the ones playing in the game. Ole Miss will not be intimidated by us at all, not after their past two wins. What's the under?

Ole Miss -10.5

jdh

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
I don't have a clue. I think it has to do with Ole Miss beating Florida(barely) and last weeks win. Plus, we underated Ole Miss last year and they stomped our ass. I still think it's a good line.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
I do not know either, I figured this thing would be coming down. :shrug:

jdh-----You mentioned Shaun, are you talkng about the short one with glasses? If that is the case then I know Shaun.

Also get my email from Jack or just go to that thread you started and get it there. You can email me from there. :D

jdh

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
yea, that's the guy. He's a pretty cool guy. He told me one of his classmates liked to gamble, I guess he was talking about you. I sent you an e-mail a while ago.

big joe

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2001
usa
Yeah, the line seems high but here's something to consider after attending last week's game vs. Arkansas State:
ASU ran on them pretty good, with Danny Smith gaining 97 yards in limited carries. Yes, ASU is lots better than past years, but I think Alabama offense is much better.
ASU stuffed the run all day vs. Ole' Miss' offense. If they can't run on ASU, what is the Alabama defense going to do? They might have the best defense in the nation.
No doubt Manning is good, but ASU played the entire game with two starting D-backs! Over time, Manning starting working on them very well. But, Ole' Miss only had ONE drive where they ran the ball.
The only way down the field was passing against ASU.
I am wondering if Ole Miss can score anything against Alabama.
In addition, now I'm wondering just how impressive their win agains Fla. really was!!
At the time, it seemed really big, but now that we've seen just how bad Fla. is, it makes me wonder.
I'll be pulling for Ole Miss but,,,
I'm thinking it's Alabama by 20.
GLTA

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hoyt

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2000
Tallahassee, Fl
Take the Tide. The Alabama staff has this football team prepaired to play every week. They will be ready this week and destroy Old Miss just as Texas Tech did.

Doc C

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2002
It's right to staw away

It's right to staw away

Stay away from this game, every year Vegas throws out a big line in bama's favor, last year was Arkansas by about the same spread and bama skunked them, besides Bama usually owns Missy with the exception of last year, if it looks too good it probably is. Don't want to step on any toes but I would definitely not risk a big play on this.

Just my opinion.

Alabamatout

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Auburn, Alabama
Cutlip and Ole Missy

Cutlip and Ole Missy

Don't think Ole Miss can handle Bama at home especially on homecoming weekend, I agree with Doc, wouldn't be surprised if bama covers the 10, remember the Arkansas game last year bama covered 10, and they were not as good as they are this year, plus they had beaten Ole miss 7 years straight until last year, and the last time they beat Miss bama won 45-7 in a blowout.

jdh

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
Now that I look at the two's performances this eason AL should cover the ten. I don't think Ole Miss will score well against us. I'd look at the under. By the way does anyone know what it opened at?