Giants at Dodgers preview and pick!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Champion Plays

Forum Member
Jul 8, 2002
Las Vegas
The San Francisco Giants look to maintain their unbeaten road record tonight when they take on the LA Dodgers.

The Giants are 14-2 overall this season including a perfect 7-0 away. They have beaten LA in all four meetings in 2003 and six of the last seven overall. They completely outplayed Kevin Brown and the Dodgers last night scoring 5 runs to 1, out-hitting them 11 to 4 and making just 1 error to LA's 3. A sign of their consistency last night was the fact that they had at least one hit in each of the first seven innings. And all this on a night when Barry Bonds goes 0-3!

Defense was key and Giants starter Jason Schmidt said "That's hands-down the best defense I've ever had played behind me in my career," Schmidt said. "It was unreal. They bailed me out of a lot of jams that could have ended up with a few runs on the board."

Australian pitcher and former Atlanta Brave Damian Moss gets the start tonight and his teams are 8-2 his last 10 starts. The Dodgers counter with Andy Ashby but are just 3-7 thru his last 10 starts...this year he is 0-2 with an ERA of 6.75.

We'll ride the hot Giants tonight as a small road favorite.

Recommended Play: San Francisco -115