global warming?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Sorry Spabble, couldn't go any farther after reading the title, 'Global Warming ended in 1998.'

Now, i'm not concerned with global warming, I don't care about global warming and there are some on the left that annoy the hell out of me with their inconclusive whining.

My problem with this one is that top scientists on both sides can't even agree that there is, or was global warming that happened at all or is/was preventable with proactive remedies.

Now we have a hero saying with absolute certainty that he knows the exact year that it ended. 1998 it is.

Where's manson at? It's about that time of the month and as I recall he had quite a lot to say on this subject, totally made shit up and he ran when asked for sources, but his gums was a flappin.'

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Only thing I know. Was my old company was one that got in the chitter for using products that made ozone layer thiner. That point was proved by NASA. Did that help polar ice caps melt faster as they say they are. I don't have a clue. Is it making these storms harsher because sea and ocean waters are warmer. Does anyone really know.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
lmao whatever happened to the "ozone kick"

guess that scare tactic wasn't bringing in the money and putting enough businesses in the toilet anymore

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nosigar

53%
Forum Member
Jul 5, 2000
Florida
I dunno, but you could make some pretty nice torches with those suckers. Singed quite a few eyebrows with that stuff and a lighter back in the day.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
All I know is that if you listened to the 'experts' in the 80's, we should have all been dead by now from the Greenhouse Effect. I knew then, and I still know now that was all :bs:

BetterUp

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2005
I miss Glacier National Park the one that had over 150 glaciers in 1910. Currently 37 stand (about 1/3 the size they were in 1910) by 2030 there will be none. Get some old postcards so you can show your grandchildren what you accomplished

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I miss the good old days of 1910 as well. Seems like it was just yesterday that President Taft was in office. He was one of my favorites. Oh, the memories.

http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_stop.asp?id=9 Here's your source for your glacier rhetoric (such an unbiased source).

Here's another theory about glacial retreat http://www.worldclimatereport.com/index.php/2004/07/16/cold-hard-facts/ This attributes the retreat to different things other than evil human fossil fuel users.

http://www.abd.org.uk/green_myths.htm

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/5/14/161152.shtml

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=14871

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
SixFive said:
I miss the good old days of 1910 as well. Seems like it was just yesterday that President Taft was in office. He was one of my favorites. Oh, the memories.

lol....

Also, to me, this is a good example of both sides throwing out seemingly credible arguments to no real end. To me, it's like religion, nobody can prove the whats, whens, whys, how's......so why even bother debating it.

Heaps and heaps of 'evidence' on both sides. I'll start worrying about it when it's 119 in the shade in January here.

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Yeah, it makes more sense to throw money at imaginary terra-rists carting around imaginary double-you-em-dees than it does to take a common sense approach to taking prudent steps to protect our environment.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
60 minutes had the chief NASA CLIMATE SCIENTIST on a few weeks ago. He says without any doubt there is global warming, the guys name is Hanson. The president of the National Academy of Sciences confirmed, "there is no person on this earth that knows more about climate than Mr. Hanson". Of course Bush and his pals have censorship of anything the professor says (that's how we do things in America now) so it may be a while before his theories reach the masses.

But I'm willing to believe the guy who many say knows more about the earth s climate than anyone on earth, except maybe someone on a sports gambling Internet site, maybe they know more :shrug: :142smilie

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Any government climatologist is free to express their findings on anything related to global warming. They are prohibited from commenting on this administrations stand on the environment.

That's my understanding.

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Yeah, a guy who has devoted himself to science and climatology is more suspect in their findings than this administration and the people who paid handsomely to put them in power. No conflict of interest in big industry, oil and energy producers keeping the word down about global warning, is there?

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Guarantee I've done more for conservation than anybody on this site who is bitching about the glaciers or global warming, etc. Please, start thinking for yourself and quit listening to all the drivel.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
I do know Canada is more worried then us. They see results first up there. Again have these results been on going for 100's of years who know's for sure.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg