Goalie, Injuries, etc 11/29

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
Pitt Post Gazette
G Johan Hedberg will face his former employer for the first time tonight. Hedberg's NHL
rights belonged to the Sharks from Aug. 6, 1998, until they traded him to the Penguins
March 12, but he never dressed for San Jose because of a glut of goaltenders in the
organization. He acknowledged this game carries a little extra significance for him.
"They're a great team," he said
LA Times
In keeping with the age-old hockey axiom that says you ride a hot goaltender until he
cools, King Coach Andy Murray is sticking with Jamie Storr. Storr has filled in admirably
for Potvin, posting a 1.64 goals-against average and .920 save percentage over the last
four games.

Atlanta JOurnal COnstitution
Hnlicka should be in tonight
We did some good things [in Montreal] but we made some mistakes," coach Curt Fraser
said. "We need some big saves from Milan. . . . Sometimes it seems like we make less
mistakes than our opponents but we don't get away with them."
Scoring problems aside, a lot of the Thrashers' struggles stem from erratic play in front of
their goaltenders. Four defensemen once considered their core --- Frantisek Kaberle, Jiri
Slegr, Yannick Tremblay, Petr Buzek --- have been out.
The updates:
> Kaberle (sprained shoulder, out two games) and Tremblay (dislocated shoulder, out 10)
both practiced Wednesday but are questionable.
> Slegr, who has missed nine of the last 11 games with what was believed to be a hip
injury, actually has a mild herniated disc, according to a new test result.
> Petr Buzek, who presumably has played his final game with the team, remained on
suspension Wednesday, or, as agent Rich Winter put it, "in suspended animation." The
NHLPA has not yet acted on Buzek's suspension.

News & Observer
TORONTO - The rotation is over. Arturs Irbe's reign as the workhorse goalie of the NHL
has ended. For the first time in four seasons, the Carolina Hurricanes have a different No.
1 goalie.
Carolina coach Paul Maurice said Tom Barrasso would start tonight against the New
York Rangers and remain in net as long as he continues to play so well.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
i got this from another site, and i just thought i would post it. this could be complete garbage, useless info for all i know but nonetheless............

PHI/BOS

""On Monday, Airmatic, Inc. received a call from the Flyers equipment staff. The
compressor that runs their skate sharpening machine was broken, and they needed to
order a part from us in order to get the machine up and running. Well, they waited until
this morning to come and pick it up. As it turns out, they asked for the wrong part. We
identified what they really need, but we have to order it from the manufacturer, because it
is not a common part. Therefore, the Flyers will be playing on skates tonight that have not
been sharpened since their last game. You may see a lot of players losing their edge and
tumbling to the ice

While I love inside info, the Flyers' minor league team, the Phantoms plays right across the
street, what stops them from bringing the Phantoms sharpener over for tonight's game?

DO what ya wish with it... I'm just relaying info brotha... I don't bet hockey so it makes no
diff to me, although I played hockey and I know that certain equipment is much better
than others. Maybe they'll use the Vorhees complex and drive em over... I don't know but
it can't be all that great. I don't think moving a skate sharperner is as easy as it sounds
though.""

comments
Dont know if teams usually have more than one sharpener or not, lke i said i jus thought i'd post it, might watch this one and see how philly skates around tonight. just thought this was an interesting post......

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
ST LOUIS
MacInnis returns tonight against Columbus

ATLANTA
Yannick Tremblay has been activated off IR

SAN JOSE
Signed holdout defensemen Mike Rathje

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 11-29-2001).]

Bet on MyBookie