Gold Cup

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Got off to a rotten start, so time to turn it around.

USA-Guatemala U2.5 +130 Win
Guat +1.5 +150 Win
Parlays: U2.5/Draw+400 Loss& U2.5/Guat +1.5 Win :00hour

USA so clearly superior, but Guat will be all out defense. There have been a total of 5 goals scored in the last 7 games Guat has played including a 0-0 draw to the US. I cant see them trying to win the game. They would be thrilled with a draw and will play 11 men behind the ball. The US has scored well in friendlies with B and C teams from China and Denmark, but not exactly lit up the net in games recently. I can see it 1-0 or 2-0 to the US but those odds on the +1.5 +150 are too good to pass up.

T&T Ev Loss
Insurance Parlay: T&T Draw/U2.5 Loss
World Cup tested T&T is a much better team than a woeful El Salvador, no reason not to take them at even money. T&T has been struggling a little lately, but El Sal has lost its last 5 games and has been shut out for 6 straight games - and they aint been playing the Brazil's of the world.

Last edited:

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Mexico to win Group 637 to win 150. Loss
The only thing more terrible than these odds are Mexico's opponents in this group. 3 games, 3 Mexican style beat downs.

Parlay
Mexico ML over Cuba/USA ML over T&T Win
100 to win 48

Parlay
Mexico O3/Mexico ML Very small win
50 to win 50

Parlay
Mexico O2.5/USA ML Win
75 to win 65

Last edited:

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Adding for today:

Guatamala U2 50 to win 50Win

Guat U2.5 75 to win 50Win

Parlay: El Sal +1/2 & U2 50 to win 135 Loss
Past history between these 2 teams suggests 0-0 is likely. El Salvador will be through to the next round with a draw here. Guat does one thing well - defend and a draw will still give them a chance to advance w/win over T&T. 2 Total goals scored last 4 games head to head.. El Sal has 2 goals scored in last 7 games(Both vs T&T last game), same with Gaut.

Canada -1 70 to win 50 Loss :canada1

USA O2.5 80 to win 50 Loss
El Salvador scored 2 on T&T - first goals scored in last 7 for El Sal. Gotta believe US has at least 3 in them.

Parlay: USA/Canada/Mexico(Sunday) 100 to win 121 Loss :canada1

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tt boy

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2001
ottawa
what a joke this canada team is:mj07: already allowing 2 goals to this lame ass team.:scared

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Good job, flap.

The one thing hard for me here is how seriously some of these teams take this tournament. Seems like a half-assed effort by the USA, no?

Or do they go all-out to win this tourney?

Nice winners.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Good job, flap.

The one thing hard for me here is how seriously some of these teams take this tournament. Seems like a half-assed effort by the USA, no?

Or do they go all-out to win this tourney?

Nice winners.

They should be pretty serious for this tourney. Its a big deal for the smaller countries. Mexico and US have occasionally half-assed it in the past, but they both seem to be taking this tourney pretty serious. And, they did not invite any teams from outside N America this year - and those were the teams that really had a habit of not giving a sh*t.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
A little shot on Panama +110.

40 to win 44. Loss

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Thx, flap.

Continued success to you.

What about the Copa Am?rica 2007? Do all teams involved take this seriously? Or will we see many of the Brazilians/Argentines skip this tourney after the club season?

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Thx, flap.

Continued success to you.

What about the Copa Am?rica 2007? Do all teams involved take this seriously? Or will we see many of the Brazilians/Argentines skip this tourney after the club season?

Looks like Brazil will be sending an "experemental" team whatever that means. Argentina is expected to send the full squad. US and Mex are question marks since it comes right after the Gold Cup. Tough to say. I like Arg to win it based on who they are supposed to bring, but tough to gage their motivation in this one.

Gold Cup is turning into a nightmare. Mex player gets red carded for cheap shotting a Honduran 30 minutes from wrapping up my wagers on them to win the game and win the group. They give up 2 goals and now it has all gone to sh*t.

Cutting my potential losses on Mexico not winning their group:

USA/Mex/Hondorus ML Parlay 150 to win $304 Win

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Canada kinda got screwed there. SHould have been a winner if you played that.

I've been on a terrible run in the GC, but how can the finals not go under with the way the Mexicans and Americans are playing? Their forwards have been pathetic. A hard fought, physical game between 2 teams that are getting absolutely zero production from their front lines and playing solid D should spell under.

Also, how in the hell are these teams who have played 6 competitive matches in a short time, looked sloppy doing so and are going to beat each other's brains out on Sunday going to bounce back, travel to Venezuela and play a rested Brazil and Argentina on Wednesday and Thursday? Brazil -167 and Arg -1 -110 look like good bets to me. Could be ugly for the US - Argentina will run circles around us I am afraid.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
GC Finals:

US-Mexico U2.5 150 to win 115 Loss

Mexico +1/2 150 to win 100 Loss
Mexico Pk 100 to win 135 Loss
-hedging my US to win tourney bet a little.

5 of last 6 meetings between the 2 have gone under. In tourney so far, US giving up .4 goals/game, Mex .6 goals a game. Both offenses look pretty out of sync even against inferior competition. These 2 teams know each other too well. Unless theres a red card, this should head under.

Last edited:

Padre

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2000
San Diego CA
GC Finals:

US-Mexico U2.5 150 to win 115

5 of last 6 meetings between the 2 have gone under. In tourney so far, US giving up .4 goals/game, Mex .6 goals a game. Both offenses look pretty out of sync even against inferior competition. These 2 teams know each other too well. Unless theres a red card, this should head under.

U Beat me to the punch, I think that I have a real good pulse on these matchups, being that I am an American and live in Mexico, and i agree the under is the way to go for the money, but to take a side the US is the bet also.

Even as proud as Mexicans are, they are scared of this one as well, most wont take my bets, they too think that the US will win.

GO stars and stripes, 2-0 final.

First half 1-0 , then fights break out and then red cards, US scores one more being the el tri will be short handed.

now if it is scoreless first half , then no more than one goal will be scored in second half.

I dont see the Mexicans scoring at all,,, imean look at the tourney as a whole the US has allowed the fewest goals.

so , 1-0 or 2-0 final.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
U Beat me to the punch, I think that I have a real good pulse on these matchups, being that I am an American and live in Mexico, and i agree the under is the way to go for the money, but to take a side the US is the bet also.

Even as proud as Mexicans are, they are scared of this one as well, most wont take my bets, they too think that the US will win.

GO stars and stripes, 2-0 final.

First half 1-0 , then fights break out and then red cards, US scores one more being the el tri will be short handed.

now if it is scoreless first half , then no more than one goal will be scored in second half.

I dont see the Mexicans scoring at all,,, imean look at the tourney as a whole the US has allowed the fewest goals.

so , 1-0 or 2-0 final.

Yeah, I think that sounds about right to me, but both teams have been looking shaky, I think low scoring and the US is rightfully favored, but tight game, maybe the draw parlayed to the under could be a really nice payout. But I'm taking the under and then some on Mexico +1/2 -150 though. I've got a significant wager pending on the US to win the tourney, so I gotta hedge a little and with the +1/2, i can still win both bets. So, I'll be pulling for a 0-0 or 1-1 game that the US wins in extra time or penalties.

But, I am very confident that win or lose, you can clean up next week when these teams go down to Venezuala for the Copa America and get it handed to them by a rested Brazil and Argentina. It will be especially ugly for the US.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Padre

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2000
San Diego CA
well it seems as though u have nailed it Flapjack.

I too think that the Copa America is going to be tough,
But I think the US will fair better than Mexico will, and not to be surprised if US makes quarterfinals as well. Mexico , no chance of getting out of their group,

But looking forward to it. I only like International play, I am just tried of clubs.