Got my fish out of quarantine

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
It is swimming happily around in the BASS PRO SHOPS fish tank and I get a free replica of that big girl and something like $200 in free merchandise all for catching and donating a big bass. pretty cool huh?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
pics ...pics...

would like to see some of the rod and reel setups you use also..

I switched to Abu Garcia Revo STX Low-Profile Baitcast Reel ultra-light this past spring and really like them..

your thoughts are welcome..

take it easy on me..:mj07:

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
Congratulations on the catch! How big was it? Ever fish Guntersville?

Yea I fish it next year twice as a matter of fact. Once on the Southern Open tour and again on either the BASS Elites or FLW tour. Fish kill is going to make it difficult and they may move it die to the problems they have been having with it and dying habitat. Used to be my favorite lake of all time but I think that goes to Amistad or Falcon now.

Cheers

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
pics ...pics...

would like to see some of the rod and reel setups you use also..

I switched to Abu Garcia Revo STX Low-Profile Baitcast Reel ultra-light this past spring and really like them..

your thoughts are welcome..

take it easy on me..:mj07:

No worries brother! The Revo's are a nice reel and will last you a long time if you maintain them, however due to their smaller profile and less line capacity they tend to need a bit more oiling and such but are certainly a good reel.

I am sponsored by GLoomis and Shimano as well as a custom rod maker named Hendrix rods that will make the rod I like to exactly my specifications depending on what I am using it for. I have six different flipping sticks depending on line size and weight so I can't use just the Loomis as they don't all have the parabolics the way I like it in a 7'6" flipping stick.

I think that you have a perfectly good set up and when I go to the lake tomorrow I will shoot a pic of the rods I keep on the deck for the most part. The best part abouthte custom rods is that my name is actually painted on them so it's pretty cool. I use a Chronarch for most applications when fishing tournaments however that is only for tournaments. I take them off for practice days and use Shimano Curados for that or even a Citica here and ther if I am just going to be cranking and winding you know. I definitely dig the low profile of the Revos and Shimanos now though. Much more comfortable throwing a spro frog and such.

Do you get to do a lot of fishing?

FDC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
don't get to fish as much as I would like.

Once I made the decision to run my own business the every weekend fishing had to be dropped from my lifestyle.

actually back in the old drink and buzz days I was fired after 14 years at the same beer dist. co. so I didn't do a damn thing but fish..buzz and drink for the next 12 months..:mj06:

yee haa..but Karma a bitch..:nono:

still fish the local lakes and especially the lake behind the house where I pier my 2 man pond jumper..about 100 days a year but a lot of those are 2 hour shorties before supper or 5am before work...so not to bad.

no citation Largemouth in over 20 years of trying..but one of these days..:mj07:

look forward to the pics..

hopefully w/the rebirth of the hunting and fishing forum we can see some great pics.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
It is swimming happily around in the BASS PRO SHOPS fish tank and I get a free replica of that big girl and something like $200 in free merchandise all for catching and donating a big bass. pretty cool huh?

how did you keep the fawker alive for as long as it took to get it to Bass Pro ?

Seems like alot of trama for the fish would do it in and it would be floating at the top of the tank.

I like to go in to Bass Pro and sit in front of the fish tank.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
kod...

owners son [former teacher w/many degrees] was given the reigns of the business..He proceded to get rid of or force out around ten to twelve of us with close to 200 years of experience at the beer dist. co.[2 w/25 years plus]

I start as floor sweeper to helper to routeman to district manager... and damn good at my job.

Anybody who didn't like his way was rooted out.

I was one of the last to be shown the door..

Until... appox 3 years later..he sold the business and left nearly a hundred folks high and dry.

his old man was the greatest but junior is and was a prick of the highest order.

Great learning experience and to this day I use a lot of the business practices I learned from savvy professional and good hearted men durning that period.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
wow story sounds familiar

I started at the bottom with this national co.

worked my way to Gen mgr.

we had a union attempt and I was solely responsible for blocking it and got alot of respect from corporate, but the employees were just a bunch of buttwipes . They got a piece of fake shit and wrapped it as a prensent for my boss. He opened it in front of employees at the christmas party. Yeh I love unions. :SIB

New district manager was hired when my boss died of lung cancer. He fired 10 of us outright.
Easily 200 yrs exp.

no explanations after so much loyal work.

I did learn lessons. No loyalty to any company. Look out for yourself . If you have a better offer elsewhere, take it. You can be gone in a instant with no warnings.

what a road we travel to make ends meet

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
wow story sounds familiar

I started at the bottom with this national co.

worked my way to Gen mgr.

we had a union attempt and I was solely responsible for blocking it and got alot of respect from corporate, but the employees were just a bunch of buttwipes . They got a piece of fake shit and wrapped it as a prensent for my boss. He opened it in front of employees at the christmas party. Yeh I love unions. :SIB

New district manager was hired when my boss died of lung cancer. He fired 10 of us outright.
Easily 200 yrs exp.

no explanations after so much loyal work.

I did learn lessons. No loyalty to any company. Look out for yourself . If you have a better offer elsewhere, take it. You can be gone in a instant with no warnings.

what a road we travel to make ends meet
You wouldn't have been fired had you been Unionized where seniority means something. Glad you landed on your feet though.

Old School,
Stupidly enough I was on a local lake, Lake Grapevine and although it had a few nice fish it wasn't known to produce fish like that and I didn't even think to take a pic as I thought for sure it would be a lake record and so did my friend that was with me. I made a call to Dan Hoy who is the big boss man of all bps fisheries keepers. BPS is not responsible for their upkeep believe it or not and I didn't get a pic!??!?! Not even on my phone. Not because it wasn't huge but because I thought I had just caught the lake record which meant more money for me by way of sponsor money. The replica arrives April 9 and the fish was 10.67. I have caught bigger and always get excited about the good ones but I blew it on that one. I will post a shot of my set ups and all that I have some on my phone and some on my digital just never saved them again once the laptop blew up and I lost everything.

Hope this helps,
FDC

The one in my avatar is 8.98lbs.

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
n1315345017_295021_4346.jpg

I am really hoping that a pic of the replica I just got shows up

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
gotta give it to you. most people go a lifetime and never catch one like that and you do it all the time.

:mj06:

i have to come down this summer and go feeshin with ya.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
gotta give it to you. most people go a lifetime and never catch one like that and you do it all the time.

:mj06:

i have to come down this summer and go feeshin with ya.

will bring back pics I'm sure..:rolleyes:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
n1315345017_0.jpg
I may have posted this one already

n1315345017_241154_8424.jpg
thats a 6/0 hook and a 6" bait. That fish was a mule

Jack the next two months is the time to go I have the state championship on Amistad in march so early march I will promise you you will catch at least three that size. I will prolly catch 19-20 but whats a few fish between friends.....

Down there I typically throw a 9" swim bait on a 8/0 hook in about 30 feet and hang the fuck on......

Last edited: