Grand Canyon Helicopter tours from Vegas

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mickstr68

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2000
Deltona, Florida, USA
I'm going to be in Vegas for 5 days at the end of April and have been looking over the helicopter tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon.

Has anyone here taken one of these trips and if so how would you rate the experience? The lowest price I can find for this trip with a landing in the Canyon is $279 pp. That's $100 pp more that our plane fare from Florida to Las Vegas. Is this trip really worth the price?

Would anyone be familiar with companies or contacts that would offer this trip at a lower price?

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I've ridden in a helicopter before, and it's pretty fun. I've also been to the Grand Canyon, and to me, it was boring. Jmo, but I wouldn't combine the 2 especially for that price.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
did it wouldn't do it again not worth the money if your looking for a helicopter ride that's a different story

BahamaMama

not banned
Forum Member
Dec 6, 1999
Davenport, Iowa
gotta agree with all the above posts... definitely doesn't sound worth the money. imo, think it would be much more fun (as well as much cheaper... depending on the amount of time you have) to spend the whole $36 to rent a car for a couple of days, drive to the canyon, and take the mules down.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Munson

Forum Member
Jul 28, 2002
Sparta, TN
Price is one thing but I would suggest doing some research on the companies before you choose. I don't mean to bring a "downer" on your thread but when I was in Vegas the summer of 2003 and they had a crash that killed everyone onboard. I remember the news stories that also mentioned other crashes and don't quote me on this but it seemed there were three crashes in four years. Like I said, don't quote me...maybe do a google search for summer 2003 crash and see what you can come up with. Whatever the case, I distinctly remember deciding that I was not going to take a helicopter tour.

M