Grand Canyon

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Jinxbreaker

Forum Member
Nov 1, 2005
Kernersville NC
Going out to Vegas for my 50th in May with some buddies and really thinking of going to Grand Canyon for the first time and wanted to see if anyone has done any of the tours. Leaning towards the one the Flys,copter and boat ride and takes 7.5 hours( gambling is important as we are only there for 4 days. Lol). Any info would be helpful and is the walkway a must do? The tour we are leaning towards does not have it but want to get away from a effing bus ride. Thanks

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Why not rent a car and then go do your own thing wherever you want? There's no question in my mind that's what I would do. You can search google for trip reports from people who did the same and what they did and how they went about it. I know it's out there because I've read these reports before. Just keep changing your search terms until you find what you need. I don't like tours, I like doing my own thing at my own pace.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
It would be a lot cheaper doing your own thing, wouldn't have to deal with masses of people on the same tour, pace yourself, bring the food and beverages of your choice, and much more adventurous.

If nothing else, use google earth and plot your own course. Or just try google maps with satellite.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Skip Vegas entirely and hike down and then back up out of the Grand Canyon. I've done it twice--been to the canyon many times and its by far my favorite way to see it.

BTW, I turn 50 this fall. Wife and I are going to Italy this summer.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg