Grandma puts 1 month year old in X-Ray machine at airport

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JJ Reddick

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2006
Orlando
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4865177

:scared what a dumbass grandma

LOS ANGELES, Decemeber 20, 2006 - A woman going through security at LAX over the weekend put her month-old grandson into a plastic bin intended for carry-on items and slid it into an X-ray machine, prompting astonished officials to order the child medically evaluated .
Also on abc7.com:
Daily Newsletter | Breaking News Alerts | Eyewitness News team Bios
The infant was taken to Centinela Hospital, where doctors determined he had not received a dangerous dose of radiation, the Los Angeles Times reported.

In the several seconds the baby spent in the machine, he was exposed to as much radiation as he would get in a day from cosmic rays, or high energy from outer space said, Dr. James Borgstede, a Colorado diagnostic radiologist and president of the American College of Radiology.

The early Saturday accident bizarre but not unprecedented caught airport workers by surprise, even though the security line was not busy at the time, said officials.

A screener watching the machine's monitor immediately noticed the outline of a baby and pulled the bin backward on the conveyor belt.

Officials, who declined to release the 56-year-old woman's name, told reporters she spoke only Spanish.

She initially didn't want the baby transported to a hospital, but security officials called paramedics and insisted the child be examined by a doctor, according to reports. The woman and child were later allowed to board an Alaska Airlines flight to Mexico City.

Transportation Security Administration spokesman Nico Melendez said his agency, which manages LAX screeners, does not want such an incident to recur.

"We're trying to figure out what changes we can make, short of putting up signs saying, `Don't put your baby through the X-ray machine,' " said Melendez.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Transportation Security Administration spokesman Nico Melendez said his agency, which manages LAX screeners, does not want such an incident to recur.

"We're trying to figure out what changes we can make, short of putting up signs saying, `Don't put your baby through the X-ray machine,' " said Melendez.

:142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Eddie Haskell

Matt 02-12-11
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Cincinnati
aclu.org
Can you believe what this administration is putting us through? Bush and the Department of Homeland Security requiring little Hispanic babies to be put through an x-ray machine at an airport.

I mean is this profiling or what!!!! No doubt they thought she was a democrat and a Kerry voter. I think Cynthia McKinney had it right and we should call for a vote on impeachment.

This coupled with Dogs that Bark and Gardenweasel calling Laura Bush a whore and a dyke in the political forum is too much for me to stand. I am asking for the immediate banishment of both of them as well as the impeachment of President Bush.

Eddie

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Can you believe what this administration is putting us through? Bush and the Department of Homeland Security requiring little Hispanic babies to be put through an x-ray machine at an airport.

I mean is this profiling or what!!!! No doubt they thought she was a democrat and a Kerry voter. I think Cynthia McKinney had it right and we should call for a vote on impeachment.

This coupled with Dogs that Bark and Gardenweasel calling Laura Bush a whore and a dyke in the political forum is too much for me to stand. I am asking for the immediate banishment of both of them as well as the impeachment of President Bush.

Eddie

the head barrister of pusillanimity and prevarication.....the "professor of moronics"......agreeing with and quoting a racist "cop hitter"?...... :SIB

are there any law enforcement officers on the forum that could possibly taser and/or(preferrably and) nightstick edward until he didn`t know who he was?....

time to return that law degree for a refund...it`s defective...