Green Bay QB Suituation

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

samayam

Forum Member
Feb 19, 2006
Farve and Rodgers out?

Rookie Ingle Martin to start next game??

Furman: Transferred from the University of Florida to Furman in early January 2004 and two weeks into spring drills was elevated to first team quarterback...went on to start every game (27) for Furman in 2004 and `05, helping the Paladins to a 21-6 record during that span, 2004 Southern Conference championship and consecutive No. 5 and No. 3 NCAA I-AA final national poll rankings...despite playing only two seasons, set new school records for passing yards (5,761), passing touchdowns (42), and total offense (6,277)...finished second in career touchdown responsibilities (50) and passing efficiency (147.65), and third in completion percentage (61.3%, 410x669) ...also established new Furman single season standards for passing yards (2,959), passing touchdowns (22), total offense (3,193), and touchdown responsibilities (25)... recorded the third best punting average in school history (43.2) in 2005...captured All-Southern Conference honors at both quarterback and punter in 2005 and was selected to the Sports Network I-AA All-America second team and I-AA.ORG All-Star teams as a punter...named All-South Carolina as a quarterback by state sportswriters...took home Furman's Vince Perone (MVP) Award following his senior season...invited to participate in 2006 NFL Combine in late February.

Granted all of the above took place in a dump ass conference, but it sure as hell would be interesting to see him thrust into this suituation.

Would appreciate any information on this suituation being that its obviousally too early to tell if Farve and Rodgers will be out for next week.
Any comments appreciated.

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
Favre

Favre

Favre will be ready and the Packers are going to sign a back-up quarterback to be number 2 Martin will be number 3. TJ Sullivan or Todd Boumann will probably be signed as both have played under Mc Carthy and know his system. Hope the info helps.

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
Posted November 21, 2006

Packers expected to sign QB Bouman

The Green Bay Packers are expected to sign quarterback Todd Bouman today to replace the injured Aaron Rodgers on the roster.

Bouman, 34, is in his ninth NFL season. He played for Minnesota from 1997 to 2002, then with the New Orleans Saints from 2003 until they cut him at the end of training cmap this year. Bouman worked with Packers coach Mike McCarthy in 2003 and 2004 as Aaron Brooks? backup in New Orleans.

Bouman (6-2, 226) has six career starts ? three with Minnesota and three with New Orleans last year ? and has played in 42 games. He has posted a career passer rating of 75.3 points and has thrown 11 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions.

Rodgers broke his left foot in Sunday?s game against the New England Patriots and will miss the rest of the season.

Starter Brett Favre injured his right elbow and missed the second half of the Patriots game but is expected to play Monday night against Seattle.

It is likely Bouman will serve as the No. 2 quarterback ahead of rookie Ingle Martin, who has been the Packers? third quarterback this season.

The Packers also worked out quarterbacks J.T. O?Sullivan and Bradlee Van Pelt on Monday.

-- PackersNews.com

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
Posted November 22, 2006

Favre confident he'll be OK to play Monday night

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

Brett Favre says he?s not ?overly concerned? about whether he?ll make his 252nd start, playoffs included, Monday night at Seattle but that the injured nerve in his throwing elbow still has to heal more for him to be able to throw the ball effectively.

Favre injured the nerve last week against New England while getting sacked ? he said the injury occurred when the cast on linebacker Tedy Bruschi hit him on the ulnar nerve in his elbow.

Favre took part in the Packers? walkthrough work in practice Wednesday and did some light throwing then but didn?t do any team drills. He said that weakness and numbness in ring and pinky fingers still is affecting his ability to feel and throw the ball.

?Unlike with a hamstring or a groin or whatever, you can?t strengthen a nerve back up,? Favre said. ?We?re more playing it by ear and seeing if day to day makes it a little bit better. I think being a little more cautious with it than with say a muscle injury. I can grip the ball OK, but how it comes out I have to think about it a little more than I would just winging it. That at this point is a concern.?

When asked if he could have played if the game were today, Favre took a long pause and then said: ?I?m glad we didn?t have to play today, put it that way.?

The Packers are listing Favre as ?questionable? (50 percent chance of playing) on their injury report because of the elbow plus a groin injury. The elbow is the potential threat to ending his starting streak.

He said the injury carries with it minimal pain ? his elbow is bruised and the nerve is sore to the touch ? so it will just be a matter of whether he has enough feeling his fingers to throw the ball well come Monday night.

?I am a little concerned about that,? Favre said, ?but it?s only been three days since the injury. I don?t think there?s any guidelines you go through on something like this, it?s kind of an odd deal. Once again at this point I feel confident I?ll be OK.?