463118780_c6654cd9bf.jpg

;)

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
Um, who are you kidding?

Classic liberal omission. If you are going to use pictures, at least don't crop out the truth. k?

moontruth.jpg

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
I can't believe no one has mentioned the MOST important thing that happened 38 years ago...

:weed:

HendrixJimi-Woodstock-lrg.jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I can't believe no one has mentioned the MOST important thing that happened 38 years ago...

ah yes...the slacker generation......if you look hard enough,i`m sure you could pick out quite a few msm luminaries....and even a few democratic senators......

hey look!...that bald headed guy...i think it`s jim webb!.....

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ

i remember both events like it was yesterday.was working in the summer of 69 in a hotel as a waiter not too far from woodstock. made alot of money when some of the dining room staff quit their jobs to attend the festival.i couldn't leave because i needed money for college....believe it or not i ran into janis joplin at a local bar during that weekend.she was sitting at a few tables away from where my group was sitting.didn't go over to her or anything like that but thought it was kind of cool at the time.

if i remember correctly woodstock was in august & of course the moon walk was in july.i was in the same bar during the walk & i remember some of the people thought that the walk was fake sought of like what im inferred to in his picture.also remember shooting a lot of pool that night & drinking about 20 tom collins drinks...it tasted like soda pop but after awhile i couldn't see straight.

boy those were the best times of my life..no worries in the world..getting drunk & getting high...i was in my prime.....:00hour

thanks for the memories murph & hh...

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
if i remember correctly woodstock was in august & of course the moon walk was in july.

boy those were the best times of my life..no worries in the world..getting drunk & getting high...i was in my prime.....:00hour

And then smurphy was born in September. AR's free ride was OVER! Downhill ever since, eh pardner?

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
I hate hippies.

you wish you were one...you live in the right state & have the right attitude...but unfortunately for you...you were born too late..

now you can't have free love...you have to worry about contracting a deadly disease....in those days the biggest fear was offset by penicllin....:142smilie

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I see and I actually like the edit. ...By the way, I never apologized for instigating the beginning of your demise in 1969. I am truly sorry. You could have been one of the great slackers of all-time if not for my arrival.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
I see and I actually like the edit. ...By the way, I never apologized for instigating the beginning of your demise in 1969. I am truly sorry. You could have been one of the great slackers of all-time if not for my arrival.

you should apologize...but i'll take 2 drinks instead.

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
Thanks, Smurphy, for reminding us all of that sweet summer day in 1969, when Neil Armstrong, a 38 year old American, from that most righteous country, the USofA, planted that Star Spangled Banner in the surface of the Moon, signifying the final, crowning achievement of a bold, youthful nation that got behind a singular, righteous idea, and saw it through to its glorious and historic finish.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
strange you should say that....ar1 has talked about his indian heritage several times on this board....

his great grandfather was the head of a tribe.....i believe ar said his name was "chief imahippie"........

frank.jpg

Hope ACLU don't see this photo--believe they might convince some it's Ward Churchills father--;)

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i was kidding my old buddy.....this is actually frank de kova,who played the chief on the old "f troop" show........

if anybody remembers that show,this unnamed indian tribe wandered about the west looking for a home.......finally the chief exclaimed "where the heck are we"....the tribe members thought he said,we`re "the heckawee"....and that`s how the "heckawee" tribe came into being...

Bet on MyBookie