Harvard at Dartmouth

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Interesting line on this one. Opened at Harvard -4 and has descended to 3.5 and 3 at some shops. These same two teams met last weekend in Cambridge, with the Crimson winning by 26, 82-56. Harvard followed up that effort with a 77-57 victory over non-conference foe Colgate on Tuesday.

Harvard earned Saturday's victory by controlling the glass and shooting outstanding from the free throw line. The Crimson outrebounded Dartmouth 41-29 and were able to limit the number of second chance opportunities on the defensive end. Alex Barnett had 18 and 7 for Dartmouth, but Harvard did a nice job of neutralizing the rest of the Green frontcourt.

The home team tends to dominate this series, winning 8 of the last 9, although Harvard swept the series in in 2006. As we all know, the books aren't prone to giving away free money, and that fact is giving me pause. But I just can't see home court being worth 22 points. If it's a trap, I'll gladly walk into it.

Harvard -3

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I know nothing about these teams, but based on what you wrote, I'm taking Dartmouth +3'. I don't know if it qualifies as a trap, but it looks like the books are begging for Harvard money.

I'll take the odd line combined with 3 1/2 points on the home team that has won 8 of 9 in the series.

Only time will tell how it comes out, but I really think with that info, there are 2 possible plays. Either Dartmouth or Pass.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
The books really are begging for Harvard money, which is why I'm only going small on it. I really should know better, but I follow the Ivy fairly closely and just gonna stick with my gut.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
bjf...I'm going along with you for the ride.Harvard on the rd is so bad...look at some of the teams they lost too.But last week they dominated the Green esp inside the paint.I think it was 82-56.I think Dartmouth will improve by 20 pts...82-76 Harvard wins...lol good luck...

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
Sorry you guys lost on it, but like I say, just from reading your post, there is no way I would have taken Harvard. I think famous last words we've all said sum it up best "if its a trap I'll gladly walk in it".

Not trying to rub it in, hopefully it doesn't sound that way. I've just learned to either stay away from games when I see what you saw, or put an average amount on the other team.

Good luck rest of tonight and tomorrow.

ozzy

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2001
cary, nc
Nice call TDJ!!
How bad do you think your Heels will beat my Pack tomorrow? I hope the line is less than 20. I know it's a rivalry game, but State can't shoot from outside, and I don't see how they can keep up with Carolina's pace.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I know 21 is a lot but I think UNC covers it. Losing Fells hurts and lately State just can't score. Barely getting 50 against both Presbyterian and NC Central (who is just getting started at D1 level)....
Their D has been good but Carolina will try to run which means more possessions for both.

I think if UNC plays any D at all, they win this one going away. I'd take UNC or nothing...