back022404.gif

0203_ud_superstars_spokesman_giambi.jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
maybe we shouldn't laugh about it.

The reason they do it in the first place is because of intense pressure on the top athletes to perform at the highest levels.

There is money and championships at stake. Alot of people turned their heads on this. Dusty Baker included.

Dusty Baker says as manager of Giants he didnt know anything about steroids. Sure you didnt Dusty sure you didnt. Its all been one big long ride to win over the last ten years.

Now baseball can't cheat using drug enhancements. Damn.

Bonds says test me everyday now I am clean.

We created these baseball monsters. We have no one to blame but ourselves for glorifying them like we do. Maybe sports heros really arn't all what they are cracked up to be.

Now we must ask them to come back down to earth.

And please bring the Home Run records with you.

KOD

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

loudog

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2002
Every athlete out there is under pressure..SO WHAT?

no excuses.

SimonSezs

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2001
Gambling Town, USA
Steroids hit athletes at an early age from the high school level, the college level, to the pros. It's been around for decades and for some reason the media kept dancing around this issue.

When McGwuire was breaking records they kept flounting Andro, but everyone knew it was more than Andro. From Bonds to Sosa to Canseco the list goes on and on and stretches in many different sports, as long as the pressure to perform is there and athletes want to be bigger, stronger and faster Steroid use will be a problem.

We all remember Lyle Alzado and your telling me todays NFL athlete because testing is in place are not using steroids? They all have ways of getting around and passing these tests. Pro body building has the biggest juice heads on the planet, yet the issue is avoided. Throw in some growth hormones and you have some big puppies.

Heck I remember Hulk Hogan taunting 'brother remember the training, praying and the vitamins' when I finally hit my teen years I realized what vitamins he was talking about.

So stop taking fans as idiots, we all know it's being used and honesty is the last policy when it comes to finding out who has done it.

Last edited:

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but lets see if his power numbers dwindle this year. If anything you would assume that his RBI total should better last year with the addition of Arod in front of him and Sheffield batting behind him.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

saint

Go Heels
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Balls Deep
Scott-Atlanta said:

The reason they do it in the first place is because of intense pressure on the top athletes to perform at the highest levels.

KOD

That's a horrible argument. There are thousands of athletes in this world who are under extreme pressure to perform who turn down the temptation of cheating and taking steroids.

As a division 1 athlete on scholarship, I was under a ton of pressure. Knowing if I didn't perform to what was expected of me, I would have my scholarship yanked and be unable to afford school. I could have roided up if I wanted to, but like many other athletes, I chose HARD WORK vs CHEATING.

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
NEW RULES

NEW RULES

All professional athletes have to work 4 months of the year roofing, washing dishes by hand, trimming/cutting trees, entering data into computers, and basically doing the tasks of a REAL job.

Arrogant and ungrateful pricks:thefinger

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg