Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
SEASON NCAABB: 3-5-2 (-1.55)
Lets TCB......
Today's picks:

Indiana vs. (13) Iowa -5?

I like Iowa in this spot for two reasons. One is that Indiana is coming off a huge win against Michigan St. in which they shot 57% from the field and 54% from behind the arc. I think this will have adverse affects for todays game. I am banking on that Indiana does not find the hot touch, and then forces bad shots trying to find it.
Iowa is very good at home with only loses coming from Mizzou (a streaky team) and Duke (one of, if not, the best team in NCAA).
Secondly, Iowa is 3-1 ATS in the last four at home versus Indiana.

Indiana vs. (13) Iowa -5?--2 UNIT

UConn -1 vs. Villanova

Taking the Cats in this spot. Based on losing last home game and this game should be motivation enough and to boot, getting a home dog.

UConn vs. Villanova +1--2 UNIT

Arkansas vs. LSU -1

Curious line with LSU being the FAV as my number crunching showed the hogs by 2-3. Something wrong here? As far as road games go, the hogs this year had proven to be a force going 4-0 ATS this year. Last year they were 3-8 and of those, one was in Baton Rouge. The Razorbacks are also 4-1-1 ATS in the last 6 in Baton Rouge. With all these trends leading me to the hogs, why is LSU FAV? I would like to think that someone knows more than me by placing LSU at -1, but in reality, we all know that lines are made in an effort to get evenly distributed plays on both sides to make money on the VIG.
With all this being said, it brings up a curious question. Whenever we, as bettors, come across lines that favor us in such a way that it seems as though a neon light is shining on the team we want, we get skiddish in thinking that there is a catch. Something that makes us rethink our capping. Why is that? Or is that just me?
Anyway,

Arkansas +1--1 UNIT vs. LSU

That's all folks,
Elvino

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Elvino

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2000
Graceland
Biten again by the "ddubs-madjack" syndrome.
Today 0-3 -5.50

Overall: 3-8-2 -7.05

I am still befuddled by this phenomena. :confused: :shrug:

Elvino