head-butt

Stag

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Lemieux killed us Phoenix backers by getting a head-butting MAJOR near the end of regulation.
Game ends 52 seconds into overtime with a power play goal. Jeez.....
Tough one to swallow......but I guess we don't really deserve to cash our tickets if we don't score a single goal off Barrasso.
Oh well...that's gamblin'

tedy

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
kranj slovenija
www.myfreehost.com
i got PHOENIX+1,5 -200
TOOK IT HEAVILY!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I know it is probably a language thing, Tedy, but you have to try to tone down the celebration of your wins when you are reading that he lost on the other side of it.

Tough loss for ya, Stag. I feel for you. Congrats to you, Tedy.

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
hey stag,

i only see your plays in Mo's POD thread. do you only play one game a day or do you simply not post the other plays? i ask cuz you're on fire and would love to see your other plays if you have any.

gl

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Same here Stag... tough loss...

"Head butting major" LOL ... This one is my favorite. It happened only 1 time last year (Mike Ricci in Dallas).. It had to happen today..

I'd also like to add that I'm experimenting a "strange" losing streak if I can say so... it seems like everything I touch turns to brown these days if you get what I'm saying... But I've seen so many things in this gambling world that nothing surprises me anymore... I remember in 1997 (my first "real" gambling year) I had this huge 24 - you heard me - 24 games winning streak. My bankroll went up 50% in the sequence. I thought I was the best hockey handicapper in this world. Only to experiment a 17 - again you heard me - 17 games losing streak 2 weeks later..... So anything can happen. Stay humble when you win, stay strong when you lose...

Stag

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Tedy...none taken......i figure you didn't mean any "showing me up" sort of thing.
Infini....yes..i do play more than one game per day on occasion. I just post at Mr. Mo's POD because it's by far my strongest play and he does a great job of documenting everyone's plays and units won/lost.
I read the hot cappers selections in the POD page and quite often I bet wih them or just back off if they like someone and I really liked the other side. There are some great hockey cappers in there!
I'm not really into deep analysis' on why I like a certain play. So I have just kept in simple.
This is only my second year of handicapping hockey and the first year posting.
Maybe I'l consider posting under a different topic, but it's very early in the year and I still have lots to learn.
Perhaps, if I really have 2 strong plays on a given day, I will let you guys know.
Thanks!!
Stag

Bet on MyBookie