Hellah10 Question?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

P-38

Forum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Just wondering what your thoughts are on the dss "H" card. I'm emmulating with a 'H' card. I think this may be the end.What are your thoughts? Is this true?
Thanks.

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
The H card has officially died 2 days ago. DirecTV is no longer sending P2 or H card signals through the data stream.

H stream shut down explained
Explanation from Shao about the H Card Stream.

I have had a few people ask me about the H stream and how they can shut it down with the HU still running, so here is a brief breakdown on what is happening.

As of today Dave has begun removing the H stream from the 119 bird. At Dave headquarters there is a slave card which is used to generate the packets fed into the datastream, the slave card is always the oldest card being used. So in this case it is an H, now for the HU and P4 to be able to run off that dave uses an adjustment byte so that they can generate the correct keys, the 7E byte is used for HU and 7F for P4.

Today the slave card(s) used for the 119 bird was swapped to an HU, the 7E adjustment byte is no longer in the datastream, therefore the H cannot generate the proper keys.

Over the next few days we will see the rest of the channels start to loose the 7E adjustment, and the H will no longer be able to generate video.

Dave is also changing other aspects of the datastream, such as CMD90's not being encrypted right now and coming down in VA packets (INS40).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

P-38

Forum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Thanks for the help. I will read up on the p4 card.I was going to look into emmulating a hu card, but saw i need more of a computer, windows, more ram, etc. Does this p4 card run thru my computer like my old h card, or do i need more then the p4 card?
Thanks for steering me in this direction. Pisses mew off, right in time for football!