Help from my American friends...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
Can someone please tell me when New York and New Jersey became interchangeable???

The Seahawks celebrated last night to Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York", and the newspaper's say "New York Here We Come!". WTF???

I know the Giants play in NJ and all, but still... Couldn't they have played some Springsteen shit or that Soprano's song?

I may be Canadian, but I know enough about American geography to know they're different fucking states!

Anyone in here from NJ? If so, are you outraged?

Scrapman

Rollingdembones
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2013
south east PA
Cortezthe teams names tie them to NEW YORK CITY only they will never change Names because of stadium placed in north jersey both Giants and jets are staying known as NEW YORK teams

they both were in NY orginally played at old shit hole stadium decided to build new digs in close by north jersey easier for traffic to get to and from

Cortez

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 23, 2013
BC, Canada
Cortezthe teams names tie them to NEW YORK CITY only they will never change Names because of stadium placed in north jersey both Giants and jets are staying known as NEW YORK teams

they both were in NY orginally played at old shit hole stadium decided to build new digs in close by north jersey easier for traffic to get to and from

Thanks Scrappy, I get that about the history of the teams and everything, but why would they say "New York here we come" when clearly they're New Jersey bound?

I thought the Superbowl was hosted by a city or area, and not by the team that happens to play there.

Anyway, just thought it was strange is all... if I lived in a city that was hosting the Superbowl and the city (or state) next door was getting all the glory, I'd be pissed.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Thanks Scrappy, I get that about the history of the teams and everything, but why would they say "New York here we come" when clearly they're New Jersey bound?

I thought the Superbowl was hosted by a city or area, and not by the team that happens to play there.

Anyway, just thought it was strange is all... if I lived in a city that was hosting the Superbowl and the city (or state) next door was getting all the glory, I'd be pissed.

It's a Jersey thing.