HELP

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
I got a tip from my buddy who really knows his hockey well and he said take the boston bruins at home tonight at -.5 pucks - this guy seems to do well with most all of his hockey picks what do you guys think???????

kneifl

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Jon,

I would call that play very risky. Actually, I am leaning towards a play the other way on the Habs.

Personally, I would never lay -160 on a game and here is why. To win money over the long haul, you need to hit about 62% of your plays if you are laying -160. Boston is 17-14-5 at home, meaning if you count ties as losses for the half goal, they are hitting about 47%.

It is true that the Habs are a bad road team and they would be 14-22 (39%) throughout the year on the road, but I think even if there were no spreads and no moneylines on games, most people would have a tough time hitting 62% over time.

Additionally, both teams have identical records over their last 10 even though Boston has played seven of those at home while the Habs have had just four at home. And Montreal's opponents were tougher, too.

I am not saying that you will definitely lose but I don't think it is a risk worth taking.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Wont go into a long post but:
Theodore in goals for mtl, looking good in is last 6 or 7(2.44 GAA)
Dafoe for Boston, has been good since coming back.
Same division matchup, been close in the past as you look at the last ten contests, i think all but 2 or 3 max where decided by less than one goal.(verify this but almost shure).I agree, its must win for Boston but from what i've read Keenan number is not working as much as it used too. For Mtl the player from the trade will have to start showing up 'cose after a good first game its kinda desapointing. Anyway the rest of those glorius habs said they would not go down easy.(but they will go down)
Boston powerplay hot, Mtl must stay out of pen box.
Short and sweet
At (+/- .5) i wont touch it but i like the under and Montreal at +1.5.
Good luck.
By the way how confident is your friend on is tip(thats how$$$$$$)
Good luck

jmizeus

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2000
western,ny
KNEIFL,

don't like the game,sorry, but would lean towards the under

gl-mize
biggrin.gif

Bet on MyBookie