Hey johnnyb...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
...always like to get your take on games played out on the left coast. I'm really liking the looks of the Bruins +5 and SU tomorrow against the Trees. What say you??

Thanks for your input,

-JC

johnnyb.

Authentic
Forum Member
Mar 3, 2002
O.C.
www.johnnybhaircarecom
"This is the best defensive line we've played, no question. It's the best three linebackers and the best secondary we've gone against. It's definitely the best defense we've faced."-Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh, on UCLA's defense.

Keys To The Game: Stanford may need to loosen up UCLA's defense early, which means QB Andrew Luck needs to hit some passes at the start. Stanford ranks last in the Pac-10 in pass attempts per game, at 21.8, but it is first in passing yards per attempt, at 8.5 per pass.That would allow Stanford to return to its power running game, led by Toby Gerhart, and the Cardinal must make headway on the ground. Defensively, the Cardinal must apply pressure to UCLA QB Kevin Craft, which could elicit a turnover. Special teams have been a major benefit for Stanford, and Chris Owusu's presence on kickoffs could cause the Bruins to do some things they are not used to doing, which should give the Cardinal good field position. The Cardinal needs to have an edge in special teams. UCLA place-kicker Kai Horbath has made 9 of 10 field-goal attempts, including one made from 50 yards out. His only miss was a 51-yard attempt.

I like the Bruins, playing it ML/UNDER.

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Thanks, man. I was thinking the exact same thing. Consider me on these plays with you.

Good Luck,

-JC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

johnnyb.

Authentic
Forum Member
Mar 3, 2002
O.C.
www.johnnybhaircarecom
I hope i do not jinx myself as every time I post my plays, i've had bad days.
OREGON ST. +5
While the Oregon State defense has struggled against the pass, they may have a chance for redemption against a banged up ASU offensive line. The top two right guards are out for the game, and Schlink another guard, is out as well. The Sun Devils may start a senior walk-on.
The Beavers have been able to move the ball, last week tallying over 400 yards on offense, but those yards have come in chunks. Dropped passes, penalties and stalled drives have all contributed to the problem.
The Beavers definitely have their work cut out for them, but after a week of focused practices, the team is hopeful that improvements will lead to a victory!
New Mexico St. +17
:)

JCoverS

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
No jinx for johnnyb. :00x11

Frankly, I appreciate when you post your plays. I've followed enough of your action to know you are usually pretty sharp with your opinions on these west coast games (CFB and CBB). I'll most likely 'tail you on all of these.

Thanks.

-JC