hey WGH

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
ok, tuesday morning, thought i might have smelled the perfume of lady luck but can't remember if it was a dream or not . . .

so, if a man hits a 20K super (great story, thanks for sharing it) does the track give you a check or that much cash? (hey, if i'm going to imagine what it might be like, i need details!!!!!)

WWGH

:toast:

DV8gambler

Forum Member
Nov 19, 2000
Shepherdsville,Ky. ,U.S.A.
patternseeker

patternseeker

S---, I thought it was wed.

Patternseeker, after our good uncle took his share, the greedy bastard, I took the cash. Don't remember exactly what they took after giving a buddy 1,000 to take the blame on april 15, 2000, and gave his friend 150 something just for standing next to himI walked out, quickly, with 13,000 neat and crisp 100's in bands of 10 and a spare 700 in the other pocket. Thanks for asking, never get tired of telling that one, maybe today because "A man's got to make at least one bet every day, else he could be walking around lucky and not even know it".

WGH

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
WGH,

what's up with the folks who bet to win and then instead of bet to place do exactas? i read a couple guys who do 1 unit to win, 2 to place and then started reading some other dudes who do Win, Exacta.

so, would that be like a flat win bet and then a part wheel with key horse on bottom, like 20 to win on A, then 4 dollar exacta on B, C, D over A???

just trying to get your mind rolling early, man. i lived in st.matthews for a few months before i found out my job was in lexington not louisville. (long story.)

WWGH

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DV8gambler

Forum Member
Nov 19, 2000
Shepherdsville,Ky. ,U.S.A.
patternseeker

patternseeker

I do back wheel my top selection sometimes if the price is right, for instance if I really like a 30/1 shot that I'm confident will hit the board to make some nice exotis I"ll play many different combinations around it trying for the biggest pay off possible. Then I'll would play small across the board to win a little if it hits and none of the others run the way I told them to. Probably not the best wagering strategy, but hey, I'm WGH not WGB (bettor). When they do hit though, it more than makes up the difference. Not sure if that answers your question, but always open to new wagering strategy. Thanks for the brain wake up.

Those people in St. Matthews are always confused, but they got the bucks to pay a good shrink, then they move. :D. Just kiddin ya pattern, I to lived there for ONE month, behind the Mall.

WGH

SeattleSlew

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tempe, AZ
Oh no, Patternseeker - you just brought up one of my favorite bets. I could talk about the "key place" or the "back-wheel" bet all day long. Let's just say, try it you might like it. Especially at smaller locales, where the monster longshots come in as often as the favorites (i.e. Lone Star Park). The 2/1 horse you bet to WIN, and "key place" could end up paying you a few hundred dollars when that 40/1 longshot rolls in on top of him.

My wager usually looks like this at Lone Star (I'll use one unit to make it easy);

Horse of choice to WIN (one unit)
Horse of choice underneath ALL (for a fraction of that unit)

I almost can never do this bet justice with the way I explain it. I rarely do this wager outside of Lone Star Park and Oaklawn - if you know these parks, you know why......longshot central. Worst case scenario, your horse places underneath a short-priced horse, you usually make a lot of your wager back. My thinking is, why take $4 on the place price, break even, rather than taking a shot at a very nice payoff.

As I said, I can talk about it for a while.....suffice it to say I have had great success with it, but you have to be selective in the process - I set ground rules, but that's another story for another time.

SLEW

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
wgh and slew

wgh and slew

thanks for response, fellas.

my aol has aligned itself with regan from the exorcist today and this is only the second time i've been able to get online.

WGH -- lmao about st matthews!!! they'd never seen confusion until they saw me rolling off the watterson!!! only landed there because i had no freakin idea where else to go and it was, like, east, you know. i had a tracking device on me when i went to that mall. i'm used to wal mart supercenter, dude, where's there's always some seventy year in a blue vest waiting to help a guy out.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg