Heyward's One-a-Day, 11/23

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
YTD: 1-3

Not off to a great start by any measure, but it's really early in the season and a 2 game deficit is not hard to overcome if I can get a few bounces of the ball to go my way (they haven't been so far). Really thought Akron would put up a better fight yesterday, and I apparently wasn't alone, but they looked pretty pathetic. Here's my play for today:

Marist -4

WIthout going into all the players, stats, etc., I just don't see Marist losing a second game in a row at home in their own tournament against a really mediocre East Michigan team. I didn't think they would lose to Coastal Carolina last night either, but when a team comes out and shoots 66.7% from the field in the second half, there's not much chance of beating them. It was a one-point game late in the second half, and one of Coastal's players hit 3-pointers on three consecutive possessions and that's hard to overcome with limited time. Marist has a decent team returning this year and they are playing in the consolation game of their own tournament, so I don't think losing is an option for these guys today.