Hippo-Kramer Contest ...SUPER BOWL!

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
OK, I'm thinking next year we score the regular season and playoffs differently - maybe make a regular season champion in addition to the overall winner. But for now it is what it is.

All personal contests ended last week:

Dunclock won the ribs from Rolltide! Smurphy got the treble, taking $20 from Happy Hippo, cheap wine from Bjfinste (Thanks for switching that Giants bet....yet again), and has just enough clearance to guarantee the pitchers of beer from Kramer. What a happy day. ...best day in my whole freekin life.

All that's left undetermined is the overall title. Smurphy could actually win the whole thing if he simply fades Wesis for maximum points. Seems kind of unsporting though - and most undeserved if he were to win that way.

Mr. Mel continued his amazing late run and now finds himself in 5th place. He could finish as high as 3rd. Not bad for a flea-bitten mutt from Indiana. :mj23: After that shaky start, he has done the cannine world proud.

Thanks for playing - it was a blast. I hope we can put this together again next year. Hippo and Kramer will have to join me somewhere for a Spring/Summer meeting to improve on this garbage and torture everyone again.:bigun:

Standings:

*Wesis69 ..27 (37-20-1)
Smurphy ..16 (33-23-2)
Dunclock ..5 (29-27-2)
Kramer ..1 (27-28-1)

Mr. Mel ..-2 (26-29-4)
Hippo ..-6 (30-28-1)
Imfeklhr ..-6 (28-29-2)
Bjfinste ..-11 (25-33-1)
Rolltide ..-13 (23-33-3)
BadBone ..-14(23-32-1)
Woodson ..n/a (15-22-2)

OVERALL: -3 (296-304-20) 49.3%

THE SUPER BOWL .....

:00x9 :00x9 :00x9
NYG 53'
NE -12'
:00x9 :00x9 :00x9

Must make 1 selection worth 5 or 7 points...

Last edited:

BADTODABONE

MM 82
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2003
Islamorada, FL
only one? I read the directions, just stumbled in here from the brews thread looking for the line. I may have to fade rolltide to place above him :mj07: Hmmmmmmm ribs

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Hey Smurph have you been watching Bill Maher since he started up again? Is it me or does he seem like he is really struggling with the writers being on strike? Boy the opening monolog is horrible and his skits are even worse. Sorry for asking you here but my hands are tied.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
cheap wine from Bjfinste (Thanks for switching that Giants bet....yet again)

Didn't matter. Even if I'd stayed on the Giants, you would have secured the H2H win. I had no choice but to fade you last week to have a shot. Congrats on a job well done. And seriously... a Green Bay straight up win would NOT have been good. Hence my excitement over losing.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Hey Smurph have you been watching Bill Maher since he started up again? Is it me or does he seem like he is really struggling with the writers being on strike? Boy the opening monolog is horrible and his skits are even worse. Sorry for asking you here but my hands are tied.

Been away from HBO for a while. Got pretty tired of Maher a while back. Kinda been running in circles. He's never been a very good standup, so I'm not surprised he's having problems without writers. I'll take the Daily Show over him anyway.

Yes, it's a shame about your predicament Sponge. I don't understand it myself. Feel free to talk politics and entertainment in my contest thread though - there are no rules here. But you will have to participate next year. If you do better than the dog, I will send you $1. ......................in coupons.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Didn't matter. Even if I'd stayed on the Giants, you would have secured the H2H win. I had no choice but to fade you last week to have a shot. Congrats on a job well done. And seriously... a Green Bay straight up win would NOT have been good. Hence my excitement over losing.

I completely understand. You know your numbers. I'm glad you got some consolation from a Cheesehead defeat.

Kramer

Forum Member
May 10, 2006
PATRIOTS -12.5

:padlock: :padlock: :padlock: :padlock: :padlock: :padlock: :padlock:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
New York Giants

x7 Smurfs Play of the Year!

smurfs_smurfette.jpg
smurfs_smurfette.jpg
smurfs_smurfette.jpg
smurfs_smurfette.jpg
smurfs_smurfette.jpg
smurfs_smurfette.jpg
smurfs_smurfette.jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Finster, is there any way I can talk you out of this to assure the Giants covering?

Wiseass slipped me a bottle of Two Buck Chuck to help ease the pain on the side wager in return for me sticking to the Giants on this one. Sorry bud. I am easily bought... you should have been more proactive in purchasing the services of my jinx. :nono:

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
Is there anything I am playing for now? Well, I guess I can try to beat that stupid mutt, but who knows what biscuit he'll eat this week...moron.

I'll take the under...the word under has a kind of negative connotation and I guess that is the best way to end my participation in the contest this year...

Smurphy, let me know what denomination of coins you would like your $20 in...I have a lot of bronze laying around.

wesis69

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2006
Cambridge,Ont
Well I though it would be a close game but with plexglass buris chirping off and the fast track (plus I want to make it interesting for smurhey)

N.E. -22.5 well actaully 12.5 but final score will be 35-7

BADTODABONE

MM 82
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2003
Islamorada, FL
OVER 53- for seven of these *

Great contsest Kramer, Hippo and Smurphy :00hour,

I'll look forward to the e-mail with the winner's address :mj07: and The Upset Bird's picks for next year! :142smilie

RollTide72

June 8, 2013
Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
Greenfield, IN
www.facebook.com
Thanks for a fun year of NFL action.

Can't wait to donate next year!

Dunclock, I think I have your email address still. If not you can get it from Jack or Smurph, Agent or Hippo.

Don't choke on the ribs!

Not that it matters.....

The NY G-MEN will shock the world tonight!

I'll take Eli and the points. (7 points)

Good luck to everyone and thanks again for a great season.

dunclock

Forum Member
Dec 22, 2001
Nashville, TN
Well after two weeks to look this one game over, I still have no more clue than I did two weeks ago:mj07:

So I will just pull for a good game with lots of scoring:0corn

over 53- for 5 points, so I will at least not finish in the negative:00hour

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
Great contest guys. Do it again next year.

I want the Giants to win desperately, but my pick is:

NYG/NE UNDER

:s8: :s8: :s8: :s8: :s8: :s8: :s8:

Bet on MyBookie