Hippo-Kramer Contest Week 15 (nfl network sucks)

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Not enjoying this Thursday crap. It was another overall winning week in the contest. Kramer came back from his no-shows with a vengeance, gaining 4. If not for the damn rules, he'd be contending for 2nd place. Dumbclock continued his rise from the ashes with an impressive 3-0 performance. Gary can practically taste the ribs. Nobody went winless and our overall record creeps ever so closer to .500:00hour

Standings:

Wesis69 ..16 (26-15-1)
Smurphy ..5 (21-19-2)

Dunclock ..0 (21-19-2)
Hippo ..0 (21-20-1)
Bjfinste ..-2 (18-23-1)
Kramer ..-5 (17-18-1)
Imfeklhr ..-5 (19-21-2)
BadBone ..-12 (16-22-1)
Rolltide ..-12 (14-25-3)
Mr. Mel ..-15 (15-23-4)
Woodson ..-16 (14-20-2)

OVERALL: -46 (202-225-20) 47.3%

Thursday...

Den -1
Hou 47'

Saturday...

Cin -9'
SF 43

Sunday...

Bal -3'
Mia 37'

Buf 44'
Cle -5'

GB -10
StL 44

Jax 37
Pit -3'

NYJ 47
NE -23'

Sea -8'
Car 37'

Ten -4
KC 34

Ind -10'
Oak 45

Det 45'
SD -10

Phi 48'
Dal -10'

Was 36'
NYG -4'

Atl 38'
TB -13'

Az 47'
NO -3'

Monday...

Chi 43'
Min -10

Last edited:

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
I have a nice little write up on my plays this week...

Hard to believe all the fun is about to come to an end...

YTD: 63-28

Pittsburgh v. Jax under 37.5

(I didn't want to take the 39.5 'cause I was holding out for a 40...then next time I log on it's 37 just about accross the board!! :com: )

League: 3-18-1 under (Av. total 39.4...av. score 30.2) home fav, off a 7+ ats loss as a 7+ dog with >30 mins TOP. [Pit]
0-8 (Av. score 23.7!!) if opp is off an ats win.

The Jags are on a massive over run, but I think it all comes to an end this week. Steelers allowing just 9.1 ppg at home this season!...but more to the point this Jags D is the best that they will have faced for a long time! (Well, since NE last week! :D)...of course, they scored 13 in that game, and before had played v. Cinci, Miami, Jets, Cleveland, Balt, Cinci, Denver...in terms of points allowed, those teams rank (in order); 28, 31, 25, 32, 24, 28, 29!!!
Jax allow just 17.6 ppg which is 6th overall.
Last years meeting (in Jax) was 9-0...and some nasty weather forecast won't help scoring much.

Chicago @ Minni over 43

League: 22-3 over! (Av. total 44.0...av. score 54.4) home 10+ fav off a 10+ ats win as away 7+ fav. [Min]
11-1 (12-0 this no...av. score 60.5!) if opp last lost ats.

Probably should leave this one, which could be likely to fall as Orton is rumoured to get the start...but I don't think it matters!
Best running team against one of the worst run D's...Minni score big here. They've scored 29, 41, 42 and 27 in the last 4 weeks as it is, and of course dropped 34 on the Bears in the first meeting this season, rushing for over 300!
Minni still have the worst pass D in the NFL tho, so therre's no reason why Chicago can't hit a decent score...they've only scored less than 16 3 times all season...inc. 31 last meeting.
Then you've got the Hester factor, so either a kick/punt return, or short kicks making for short fields all night.
Chicago are in a 6-0 over spot of their own based on the longer than usual week rest...
...the last meeting went 64, and I don't think a lot has changed!

I've got 2 more definates, but the lines seem to be helping me out atm, so I'll wait...

...for the saddists amongst us (come on, we know you're out there!)...
...League: 18-6-1 away 10+ dog, off a 1-3 ats loss as home dog...
...10-1-1 if the total is >40....Jets anybody!?! :scared :00hour

...and the good news for my Brownie Div bet is that they are in a 26-2 (17-0) SU situation, so anyone looking for a ML parlay, or teaser leg... :SIB

EDIT: Stuff it...I'm playing the...

Jets +24 (1.87)

Good situation...crap weather forecast (30 mph winds with sleet and snow)...just too many points!
NE have won just 3 games all season by more than 24...won the last meeting by 24 with a 108 yard kick return, and beat Miami by only 21! :D
In any case, if the weather does develop, the line shuld drop a decent amount by gametime for a possible buy back. :cool:

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
Dam, I forgot to erase the quote thingy!

Busted...

Oh well, back with my real fades later.

wesis69

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2006
Cambridge,Ont
Well I got back with a bigger bag of money then when i left (yahoo). not sure about that brown game but glad they managed to cover in the end (2 grand).
Also got to meet a lot of the WPT pros at Belagio for the 15000 buy in for the Brunson tourny.(I was not in it just passing by)

Ok for the early picks of this week.
Eagles +10.5
Rams +10
Jak@pit over 37 x2

Kramer

Forum Member
May 10, 2006
hey smurph, I've got an email that was bounced
back to me undeliverable to jacks server that I
sent when the site crashed two weeks ago that
verifies my picks that went +2. Get my email addy
from jack and I can forward the email to you. And
we need to establish an email address to all in case
the site crashes again.

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
Right, that's it fellas (er, and 'other' I believe! :D)...

...I didn't at all mind being 'zinged' last week, and hey, the weekly ramblings of degenerate gamblers (ie. you lot!) may have occasionally made me chuckle...

...but I'm afraid this blatant breach of copyright is unacceptable and has gone far beyond any good will I may have extended to you in the past.

Shame, shame on you people for using such a trustworthy, pristine, almost virginally pure medium such as the internet for your own selfish, slutty needs!

Your people will be hearing from my people shortly.

[Did anyone know that to 'gambol' is to move friskily, or leap?!! :scared ...maybe at a MJ's SB party in the near future a gambolling contest cold be arranged...obviously around a pool...which is around a bar... ]

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Muffin Baker seems to be doing just fine. Mr Christo how ya doing? Scott from Atlanta i see called you stupid. That is like FDC calling someone a hypocrite:mj07: How is my pal Smurph? You throw me under the bus and then you pull me out again:mj07: . Throw me back under :mj07: again and then pull me out and sometimes brush me off. I do miss ya Smurph no shit. I feel sorry for you Smurph you look politically exhausted. My Therapist has instructed me to wear a blood pressure monitor when im posting. Right now its 120/80. Okay carry one. I got some hot college BB games tomorrow and most likely they will be at night. Go check them out tomorrow. Put ten dollars on them. they are my stocking stuffer gifts. Gave a few games to Weasel but he refuses to bet them. Racial thing i guess. 3 wins for Weasel and no bets for him. Go figure. Well good luck guys. Oh and Kramer you said something that i thought was funny as hell but i can't remember what it was. Got to give credit where credit is due

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Muffin Baker seems to be doing just fine. Mr Christo how ya doing? Scott from Atlanta i see called you stupid. That is like FDC calling someone a hypocrite:mj07: How is my pal Smurph? You throw me under the bus and then you pull me out again:mj07: . Throw me back under :mj07: again and then pull me out and sometimes brush me off. I do miss ya Smurph no shit. I feel sorry for you Smurph you look politically exhausted. My Therapist has instructed me to wear a blood pressure monitor when im posting. Right now its 120/80. Okay carry one. I got some hot college BB games tomorrow and most likely they will be at night. Go check them out tomorrow. Put ten dollars on them. they are my stocking stuffer gifts. Gave a few games to Weasel but he refuses to bet them. Racial thing i guess. 3 wins for Weasel and no bets for him. Go figure. Well good luck guys. Oh and Kramer you said something that i thought was funny as hell but i can't remember what it was. Got to give credit where credit is due

I miss Sponge.:shrug:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Right, that's it fellas (er, and 'other' I believe! :D)...

...I didn't at all mind being 'zinged' last week, and hey, the weekly ramblings of degenerate gamblers (ie. you lot!) may have occasionally made me chuckle...

...but I'm afraid this blatant breach of copyright is unacceptable and has gone far beyond any good will I may have extended to you in the past.

Shame, shame on you people for using such a trustworthy, pristine, almost virginally pure medium such as the internet for your own selfish, slutty needs!

Your people will be hearing from my people shortly.

[Did anyone know that to 'gambol' is to move friskily, or leap?!! :scared ...maybe at a MJ's SB party in the near future a gambolling contest cold be arranged...obviously around a pool...which is around a bar... ]

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:
A fine post.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
dolphins-two.jpg
:chairshot :chairshot
First win. Double play.

family-tree-jaguars.jpg

(these are jaguars by the way - NOT bengals or panthers or lions or pumas or any other stupid nfl cat names)
Steelers suck.

iaf%20f15%20jets_art_1.jpg

I like points.:shrug:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
hey smurph, I've got an email that was bounced
back to me undeliverable to jacks server that I
sent when the site crashed two weeks ago that
verifies my picks that went +2. Get my email addy
from jack and I can forward the email to you. And
we need to establish an email address to all in case
the site crashes again.

As long as Muffin agrees, I'm all for plugging those games in from 2 weeks ago. Your email does show proof of sending them on time.

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
Oh and Kramer you said something that i thought was funny as hell but i can't remember what it was. Got to give credit where credit is due

:D :D

Good to read from ya Sponge...according to Scotty I'm a stupid dead-beat, but just looking around (and down!) I think I'm ok.

Smurphy...I'm sorry, but you will also need to clarify your last pick...

...to some they may be Patriots...even Saints. To others Raiders or modern day Vikings.

I'm assuming they are just plane (haha...a play on words, dear me...) Jets...
...although if you look closely I suspect they are Falcons ;)

Bet on MyBookie