Holy Moses! Quick religion question

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
A lot of churches have signs outside with clever little sayings and so forth. You know the ones.

Well, this one today changed theirs today to read 'Don't let lifes worries get you down, Moses started out as a basket case'.

It's obviously a play on words of some sort, but what does that mean? Moses/basket case.

EAE need not answer. Anybody else?

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
kosar

didnt follow the life of Moses much but
isnt he the one whose parents put him in
a basket when the bad ppl were coming to kill
all the eldest boys ?

He was found and raised by another family.

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
wasn't moses placed in a basket and hidden in the river reeds to avoid the pharaohs's men, who were killing the firstborn hebrew children?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
scott is right.

my jewish history is pretty weak but it basically went like this......

the pharoh(sp ?) were going to kill, i think the jewish sons so moses mother placed him in a basket in the ocean or river.and i think the pharoh's sister found the basket & raised moses as her son.

next easter try to catch the movie titled "the ten commandments" starring chuck heston as moses.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
just a follow-up to loophole's post.

i am pretty sure that killing the first born was a different incident.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Thanks Al. Although i'm not particularly religious, at least in the formal sense, I am fairly familiar with most of the allegories. I've never heard that one before though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Last time I checked this is a politics AND religion forum. Look at the forum heading you infidel! Thank God Jack included 'religion' in there, otherwise we might miss out on attracting solid posters like EAE.

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
I retract my statement after reading the summary of the forum.

Also, after looking at your quote, I had to re-read some of EAE's post. I hope he's not talking about getting a job at that Burger King on Cedar on the way into Cleveland. I got jacked twice there and realized that the lure of a $.99 whopper probably isn't worth the risk. That's not a place to pull yourself up from the bootstraps.

EAE

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 22, 2004
Parts unknown
Well lets check everyones knowledge of the Bible. Without cheating, in the Ten Commandments who was the mother and father of Moses? Answer at 5:00PM today.

EAE

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

EAE

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 22, 2004
Parts unknown
Both 65 and Hoops are wrong. The correct answer is George and Sheila Heston. They were the parents of Charlton Heston who played Moses in the movie the Ten Commandments. You see the question read in the Ten Commandments who were the parents of Moses. Had I not said the movie, then 65 would be right. Just a joke to show my sense of humor.

EAE

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Al I know when he did get out of the basket and grow up. He was p-d off many days. And one tough sob.