Home Teams Winning after Road Trip

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Kegger

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2006
Wisconsin
Has anybody ever tried playing home teams their 1st game back home after a road trip?

I've been tracking home sweeps and am looking at how home teams perform after road trips....started looking at only extended trips, but also added road trips of just 1 series.

It has played out around .500 in June but is 81-54 for the year.

Taking out Cleve,KC, and Philly the record is 78-43.

Best teams after road trip are:
SF: 6-0 (Edited to 6-0 after yesterday's win)
Tor: 4-0
Det,Mets,Cinci,StL,Min: 4-1
LAA,Tex: 3-1

I can continue to post the record if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Kegger

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2006
Wisconsin
Going to monitor this system a little longer before betting on it.

Plays for tonight would be CWS, KC, TB and LAD
Would pass on KC.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

chop33

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2004
san diego
kegger-I have noticed thru the years teams normally lose there 1st one back.The nuki rule.players get home,get a little something and the next day they seem to go thru the motions. no stats but once new an old timer that swore by it.thanks for tracking it,would like to see the results.

Billy Barooooooo

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Chicago, IL
There was a poster at another site who had a East coast West coast system. Play against a team when they are on a long road trip, first game. It was about even for the year. So he stopped tracking it!

BOL to you

Kegger

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2006
Wisconsin
chop33 said:
kegger-I have noticed thru the years teams normally lose there 1st one back.The nuki rule.players get home,get a little something and the next day they seem to go thru the motions. no stats but once new an old timer that swore by it.thanks for tracking it,would like to see the results.

I can definitely see your point. A guy at another site tracked NBA teams after X amount of games on the road and they had a very good record their 2nd game back. The trend this year does show a good record the 1st game back though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BuffaloBill

Forum Member
Aug 15, 2004
Kegger,

How have you been doing with that whole home sweep thing?

I know that you were doing chases with it a while ago.

Just wondering what kind of results you have had thus far?

I haven't really been tracking it lately.

Thanks.

Kegger

Forum Member
Mar 24, 2006
Wisconsin
BB,

I stopped the home sweep chase a month ago or so. Lost all the winnings one weekend that 2 teams were swept. Still tracking it though. There have been a lot of home sweeps the last few weeks. Most notably NYY, Atl and Zona.