Hoopster looking for puck help

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
As I still look for certain angles/insights into the NHL, I think I have noticed something and I was wondering if I could get thoughts or opinions on this matter.

A couple years back in hoops you could always bet against a team that won the first game of a series on the road because they were just happy to get the split. Well recently I noticed that if a team was up 2-0 they often sat back and relaxed as well. Last night I played buffalo (mostly due to nolan's writeup) however I noticed pittsburgh came out and played defense all game it did not seem as though they showed any desire to win. So the thought was pittsburgh went up 2-0 on the visitor's ice and came home, and played lax with the two game cushion, while the sabres were playing as if it would be the last game.

Now St. Louis has taken the first two games of the series and come home to face dallas in game three. Using the previous example I would think Dallas at a pick +155 would have some nice value in this situation.

Any thoughts / opinions?

Thanks for all of your help...

JT
biggrin.gif
Sneaks

------------------
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
A man is not defined by how he reacts when he wins, but how he reacts when he loses.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
yes they have value in that they are fighting for their lives and +155 but as an avid stars fan and after watching both games of this series, they do not match up well against the blues. the stars want to play like they did against edmonton, working the boards for loose pucks, not a speed game. they have shown through two games that they cannot consistently match st louis' team speed and are getting burned badly. modano is back which should help, but after watching these first two games, i cannot bet on them. this team did not go out and get anyone at the trade deadline like st louis did who added mellanby, stillman, and of course tkachuk. and pronger has been a force on defense while hatcher has had breakdowns. i feel they lack the speed size and talent.st louis looks strong with all their players healthy. of course this is my humble opinion, i hope to hell they win tonight but realistically would not be surprised at all if they drop this one too.

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
wigs,

thanks for the insight I did not pull the trigger on the stars because of your post, however I will keep an eye on this for the rest of the playoffs in hoops and hockey. I wish there was more interaction in this section of the forum it could be outstanding.

Sneaks

Bet on MyBookie