Horizon league

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
G.Bay vs. Clev. St opened at 5 now G.Bay down to 3.5. The play here is Clev. State first half +2.5. I expect a huge emotional letdown by G.Bay. I was at the game against UWM and there is no way G.bay can play any better than they did against UWM. UWM was in control of this game from start to finish winning by 11 but not covering the 12. This was a very physical game and G.Bay made a run in the game with 8 minutes to go but could never get over the hump. They made this run by making almost every shot they took the last 8 minutes. The whole game they definately were the beneficiaries of a horribly one sided officiated game. They were holding, pushing and getting away with it. They definately took Dylan Page out of the game with their physical play. Page, Tucker, and McCants all played the last 8-10 minutes with 4 fouls which greatly benfited G.Bay. UWM was called for ticky tac fouls while G.Bay was allowed to mug UWM. Finally at the end of the game G.Bay was called for a flagrant foul which also should have been a technical. Tucker made 3 free throws to give UWM an 11 point win. G.Bay players after the game were laying on the floor just emotionally drained. After playing as well as they could and as hard they still lost the game. From my observation I just see them coming out flat tonite.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
ballsy play on cleveland state, but i think youre right. vikings see this is a winnable game. and csu could have (and probably should have) won the game in green bay a month or two ago. tough to back a team on such a prolonged losing streak, but they are capable of winning. only thing that scares me is that csu has become overly dependent on just 2 players in their slump (robinson and westley). but i think its a sound bet for you. gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
Gman-

I know you follow Cleve St a bit. Haven't they quit on the season? They really look like an automatic go-against until proven otherwise. And UW-GB has been a very solid road play this year.

caper

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
east coast USA
www.CoastalBurn.com
sp, you may be right about coming out flat for 1st half but i'm taking wis-gb-3.5 for the whole game...if your scenario plays out as expected then the halftime lockerroom should be "motivational" & "instructive", as gb still has much to play for--i'm sure they don't want to trade places in the standings w/ ill-chi (whom i also expect to win tonite)--then the phoenix should put out a solid 2nd half to win going away vs a weak cleve st team which bears zero resemblance to wis-mil...jmho, hopefully we'll both cash...also taking murray-9 (e illi)...detroit homecourt still makes me look twice but think y'town+13 is $... gl, caper

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
absolutely that is why I believe Clev. St is the first half play I can't trust them for the whole game. The effort energy and emotion G.bay used against UWM makes me see them with a huge hangover the first half.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

caper

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
east coast USA
www.CoastalBurn.com
sp, you may be right about coming out flat for 1st half but i'm taking wis-gb-3.5 for the whole game...if your scenario plays out as expected then the halftime lockerroom should be "motivational" & "instructive", as gb still has much to play for--i'm sure they don't want to trade places in the standings w/ ill-chi (whom i also expect to win tonite)--then the phoenix should put out a solid 2nd half to win going away vs a weak cleve st team which bears zero resemblance to wis-mil...jmho, hopefully we'll both cash...also taking murray-9 (e illi)...detroit homecourt still makes me look twice but think y'town+13 is $... gl, caper

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
My lean is also to UIC but I just can't go against UWM probobly to much of a homer but these two teams hate each other or actually the coaches and it is a huge rivalry. I do see at least 165points in this game so I played over 147. The thing about UIC is they only shoot about 62% from the free throw line and they tend to play really stupid at the end of games.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
valuist:

i do think cleveland state mailed it in against wisconsin-milwaukee 2 weeks ago. i thought that was gonna open the floodgates for them to quit on the season because they really did quit against uwm in the 2nd half. but theyve at least put forth an effort their last few games.

one thing i think thats worth noting:
this is now officially their last truly winnable game. that schedule the rest of the way is brutal for them.

amazingly, they have a bracket buster game that is gonna be a part of the espn gameplan in a few weeks. i know thats set before the season, but im sure espn is less than thrilled that a 3-17 team has a home bracket buster game on national tv that will have about 1,500 fans.

anyways- this really is their last chance at a win and green bay is a team that they should have beaten last month. they lost at the buzzer when a robinson 3 rimmed out.

and like sport psychic said, green bay is coming in off a deflating loss to their rival milwaukee.

if cleveland state doesnt win this game, theres a good chance theyll finish the season with 3 wins.

backing csu is almost like backing loyola-maryland, but they should compete here.

truthfully, green bay is the most overrated team in the horizon. theyve done it with mirrors this year and a weak schedule.

when it comes to the horizon league tournament, i really think theyre the 6th best team in the conference behind uic, uwm, wright st, butler, and detroit. dont let the record fool you.

i dont think this is a huge mismatch. csu stands no chance against butler and ill-chicago (two teams below uwgb in the standings). but they arent outclassed here.

Last edited:

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
also, valuist:

lets keep the fact that i follow csu a secret. dont want the fact that i pay attention to a 3-17 team as bad as the vikings getting out. ;)

Sports Psychic

Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Milwaukee
Gman you are right on this is the same G.Bay team from last year with the only addition being brandon Morris. The big difference has been the coach who was Tom Creans assistant at Marquette.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg